Best Playstation 3 Games 2012
Save on all your favorite PS3 games on sale now!
|1. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3||6. Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception|
|2. NBA 2K12||7. Call of Duty: Black Ops|
|3. Battlefield 3||8. Rocksmith|
|4. Twisted Metal||9. Batman: Arkham City|
|5. Zumba Fitness||10. Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning|
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 is First-person Shooter rooted in a fictional, but ultra realistic near-future conflict of mostly American forces with those of the Russian Federation around the globe. The third installment in the Modern Warfare branch of the Call of Duty franchise, Modern Warfare 3 features a heavy focus on multiplayer gameplay which includes innovative new functionality that encourages multiple gameplay combat strategies, a new 2-player co-op option, new play modes, weapons and more. The game also includes a gripping single player campaign that picks up where Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 left off, and game integration with the Call of Duty: Elite online service.
2. NBA 2K12
- Celebrates the legendary careers of Michael Jordan, Larry Bird and Magic Johnson with three different game covers
- Features 15 legendary NBA players, including Michael Jordan, Larry Bird, Magic Johnson, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Dr. J and more
- Relive celebrated careers and heated rivalries from NBA history, re-created in meticulous detail
- Offers the most visually accurate NBA game to date by building off NBA Today’s real-time stats, rosters, schedules and ratings
- Dynamically update every graphic detail of the game from the shoes to player models and court floors
Get back on the court as some of the greatest NBA players of all time in NBA 2K12. Featuring legendary players and teams from NBA history, NBA 2K12 lets you truly settle the argument of who is the greatest.
- Battlefield 3 introduces Frostbite 2, the incredible technology that takes animation, destruction, lighting, scale and audio
- Feel the impact of bullets and explosions, drag your fallen comrades into safety, and mount your weapon on almost any part of the terrain
- The best online vehicular warfare experience gets even better with a fitting sonic boom as fighter jets headline impressive lineup vehicles
- Take the fight to iconic and unexpected urban locations in the USA, Middle East, and Europe
- Experience gripping multiplayer action with 2-24 player battles supported online
Battlefield 3 is a First-Person Shooter (FPS) that is designed to attack your senses, delivering a visceral combat experience like no other FPS before it. Sequel to 2005’s Battlefield 2, Battlefield 3 utilizes the updated Frostbite 2 game engine, which allows for advanced destruction, sound, and graphics as well as a focus on dense in-game urban settings. Additional game features include: classic Battlefield mission-based gameplay, an impressive array of vehicles including jets and tanks, large-scale maps, an updated soldier class, 2-24 player support online and more.
- In single player, fight for the prize of one wish fulfilled by winning the Twisted Metal tournament.
- Choose from over a dozen new and series favorite vehicles; each outfitted with weapons of Twisted destruction and strategically dismantle your opponents.
- In multiplayer, become a Twisted Disciple and destroy everything online as a devoted follower of one of the all star Twisted cast of characters. Team up with up to 16 online and 2?4 player split screen.
- Discover psychotic power ups in levels covering over a dozen high octane battlegrounds.
- Pair up different vehicles and maximize your firepower.
Twisted Metal is an over-the-top, vehicular combat game exclusively for play on PlayStation 3. Gameplay revolves around demolition derby style action set across multiple maps in which last contestant alive receives virtually whatever they desire. The game contains both an engrossing single player campaign story mode, as well as multiplayer modes which support co-op and 4-player action locally, as well as 16-player support online. Additional features include: returning characters from earlier releases in the game franchise, 17 vehicles that can be customized with a wide variety of weapons, destructible game environments and more.
- Both locally and online – as you team up and try to earn the highest workout score as a group or play against each other
- Utilizes the PlayStation Move system to bring the Zumba Fitness experience home with you in the first interactive game
- Learn and perfect nine different dance styles: Reggaeton, Merengue, Salsa, Cumbia, Hip-Hop, Mambo, Rumba, Flamenco and Calypso.
- Some exclusive to the game, plus the Zumba belt that turns the PlayStation Move motion controller into a hip motion sensor.
- Follow your on-screen Zumba instructor’s routine in a high voltage party atmosphere.
Zumba Fitness is an exercise game and program for PlayStation 3 that taps into the Zumba dance-exercise craze that has swept the nation by utilizing the PlayStation Move control system. Surprisingly challenging, and addictively fun, the 30 heart-pounding Zumba routines that make up Zumba Fitness utilize the motion sensing capabilities of the PlayStation Move motion controller and PlayStation Eye camera peripheral, which work along with the exclusive Move motion controller belt, included with the game, to create a fun but result-producing workout. Additional features include: 4-player support, including a two-on-two co-op option, multiple skill levels along with a training level, multiple in-game instructors and venues.
- An interactive cinematic experience that blurs the lines between games and Hollywood films.
- Nathan Drake’s journey will put you through new challenges and take you to stunning locations around the world.
- Epic single player campaign with evolved signature UNCHARTED gameplay.
- A new breed of Action Adventure Multiplayer that brings the exciting cinematic elements of the single-player campaign, into the multiplayer.
- Experience the thrill of UNCHARTED in stereoscopic 3D
Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception is a unique third-person Action-Adventure game for play exclusively on PlayStation 3 that incorporates significant Shooter and Platformer gameplay mechanics resulting in another must-have game for PS3 players. The third game in the Uncharted franchise, Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception continues the adventures of the swashbuckling treasure hunter Nathan Drake, this as he finds himself in a new variety of challenging environments. Features include: interactive cinematic experience, stereoscopic 3D, an epic single player campaign and multiplayer support online as well as offline.
- Wide array of play modes including single player, local multiplayer versus and online co-op and multiplayer
- Seventh installment of the Call of Duty series, based on the live fire conflicts of the Cold War era
- Diverse variety of play setting ranging from urban air and ground combat in SE Asia, to snow combat in Soviet region and jungle combat
- Blending of traditional COD and new first-person character scenarios designed to both retain the essence of the COD gaming experience and ensure constantly flowing and varied action
- New arsenal of weapons and vehicles tied to the Cold War era, including the SR-71 Blackbird and sited explosive-tipped crossbows
Call of Duty: Black Ops is a first-person shooter with stealth and tactical play aspect that puts players in the role of a shadow soldier fighting in a variety of historically representative fictional Black Ops missions of the Cold War era. Created with the input of actual Black Ops soldiers from the time, the game mixes traditional Call of Duty tactical shooter gameplay with new gameplay options designed to expand the players’ experience. Additional features include extensive multiplayer options, along with new vehicles and explosive new weapons.
- When we say any guitar we mean any guitar. Whether it’s the guitar sitting in your attic, your cherished faithful steed, or the guitar you have yet to buy, Rocksmith lets you plug any guitar into your PlayStation 3 system.
- Difficulty settings that adapt to your ability. You love a challenge, but hate being overwhelmed. Rocksmith understands this, and knows exactly how far to push to keep you entertained and addicted.
- Lots of music. Lots of styles. One of the most satisfying moments for any guitar player is hearing yourself play your favorite song for the first time. Rocksmith has amassed an amazing library of songs from different music genres.
- Play songs instead of just learning them. You want to play new songs, but you don’t want to labor through tablature or cringe through poorly produced videos. No problem. Imagine that. A video game that’ll get you stage-ready.
Introducing the next stage in the evolution of the music game. Rocksmith, the first and only game where you can plug into any real guitar. Featuring gameplay that automatically adjusts to your personal ability and innovative game design that makes playing music visually intuitive, Rocksmith will engage experienced musicians as well as those who have never picked up a guitar in their life. You’ll unlock mini games to hone specific skills. You’ll be able to choose from a large catalog of songs in different styles. Every copy of Rocksmith will include a revolutionary 1/4 inch USB cable that turns the guitar’s signal from analog to digital, allowing it to be played through video game consoles. By plugging into your console, you’ll develop real skills and real styles while playing absolutely real music.
- Become the Dark Knight in a genuinely authentic Batman experience with advanced, compelling gameplay on every level, epic super-villain encounters and unexpected glimpses into Batman’s tortured psychology
- Play as Catwoman with her own storyline in the main game which is seamlessly interwoven with Batman’s story arc
- Experience advanced freeflow combat as Batman’s melee abilities ratchet up to match that of AI enemies
- Put new gadgets, and new functionality for existing gadgets to work that expand the range of Batman’s abilities
- Encounter numerous characters from the Batman universe, including Catwoman, Two-Face, Harley Quinn, Penguin, Hugo Strange, Victor Zsasz, Calendar Man, The Joker, The Riddler and others
Batman: Arkham City is third-person Action-Adventure game that delivers an authentic Dark Knight experience rooted in an original and engrossing story as well as a combination of melee combat, stealth, investigative and speed-based challenge gameplay. A sequel to 2009’s Batman: Arkham Asylum, Arkham City features the full range of classic enemies seen in the previous game, in addition to Catwoman, who is a playable character and has her own storyline in the new release. Additional features include: a range of new gadgets, an increased number of possible melee opponents and a range of movement options for Batman that include leaping, sliding, gliding and the grapple hook.
- Uncover the secrets of Amalur in hundreds of hours of immersive gameplay, from the vibrant city of Rathir to the vast region of Dalentarth to the grim dungeons of the Brigand Hall Caverns.
- Rescue a world torn apart by a vicious war and control the keys to immortality as the first warrior ever to be resurrected from the grips of death. Turn your lack of a destiny to your advantage and harness fate as a weapon.
- Explore deep levels of lore in a universe steeped in 10,000 years of fiction created by New York Times bestselling author R.A. Salvatore.
- Customize your play in a dynamic combat system that delivers some of the most intense and responsive action ever seen in an RPG.
- Seamlessly integrate magical and melee attacks as you take on scores of enemies in grand fight sequences and finish them off with brutal Fateshift kills.
- Build the character you’ve always wanted with the revolutionary new Destiny system that allows you to continuously evolve your character class to your style of play.
- Create and modify your hero with millions of combinations of skills, abilities, weapons and pieces of armor.
The minds of New York Times bestselling author R.A. Salvatore, Spawn creator Todd McFarlane, and Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion lead designer Ken Rolston have combined to create Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, a new role-playing game set in a world worth saving. Build the character you’ve always wanted and continuously evolve it to your style of play with the revolutionary Destiny system. Choose your path and battle through a master-crafted universe featuring some of the most intense, responsive, and customizable RPG combat ever.
Copyright 2012 David Masters