Best Car Seats 2012
- Safe cell technology features safe cells designed to compress in a crash, significantly lowering the center of gravity and counteracting the forward rotation of the child seat which normally propels the child toward the front seat
- Integrated steel bars strengthen the connection to the vehicle and reduce forward flexing of the child seat during a crash
- Energy-absorbing versa-tether features a staged-release tether webbing to slow the forward movement, reducing the crash forces reaching the child, and a two-point attachment to minimize forward rotation while anchoring the top of the child seat
- Side impact protection comprised of deep side walls lined with energy-absorbing EPP foam distributes crash forces, shields from vehicle intrusion, and contains the head, neck and body
- Tangle-free; Five-point harness distributes crash forces across the strongest parts of the body and provides a secure fit
The BRITAX MARATHON 70 Convertible Car Seat achieves optimum head safety through the combination of BRITAX SafeCell Technology, integrated steel bars, and a Versa-Tether, which work together to minimize head excursion and reduce the risk of head injury during a frontal impact. It also features easy installation, Side Impact Protection, and innovative details for your child’s comfort and safety. The seat fits children in the rear-facing position weighing from 5 to 40 pounds, and children in the forward-facing position starting at one year old and 20 pounds, up to 70 pounds.
- Expanded zone of protection absorbs energy in a broader range of side impact crashes with 25% greater surface area than leading side impact seats
- Exclusive sureLatch technology-just click, click, push for super-fast, super-snug installation in a fraction of the time
- 66 pounds harness weight rating to keep children harnessed longer
The new Evenflo® Momentum 65™ LX Convertible car seat offers parents superior e3 Side Impact™ protection to keep their child safe alongside features that help make safety and installation as easy as possible. Momentum65 provides exclusive safety features like Quick Connectors making installation easier , and Infinite Slide Harness that simply slides for an accurate fit every time and doesn’t require rethreading. Safety. So Simple!
- 5-35 pounds rear facing, 22-40 pounds front facing, 40-100 pounds belt positioning booster
- Convertible car seat
- Removable cup holder
- 5-point harness with up front adjustment
- Removable washable car seat pad
The Safety 1st Alpha Omega Elite convertible Car Seat offers three modes of use. You will never have to buy another car seat. It can be used as a rear facing seat for an infant, forward facing with a 5-point harness and then converts to a belt positioning booster for a toddler. Equipped with ProTech, EPP energy absorbing foam, infant head support, and 3-position recline and pivoting armrests, your child will be comfortable and safe.
- Rear-facing: appropriate for children who are 37.5″ tall or less and who weigh 5 to 35 pounds/ forward facing: appropriate for children who are 50″ tall or less and who weigh 20 to 70 pounds
- Recaro’s side impact protection – designed to protect each of the 5 vulnerable areas of a child in a side impact crash including their – head – neck – face – torso – pelvis
- Easyadjust- turn dial – 5 point no-rethread harness – accommodates child up to 70 pounds
- Coolmesh air ventilation helps keep your baby cool
- (EPS) foam absorbs crash force energy
The ProRIDE Convertible Car Seat is part of the world class ProSERIES of child safety seats by Recaro, the international leader in automobile, racecar and child seat technology and a leading innovator in side impact protection. Assembled in the United States the ProRIDE is a high quality child restraint that provides parents and children the luxury and safety they need for happy travels. The ProRIDE incorporates Recaro’s Side Impact Protection designed to distinctly protect each of the 5 vulnerable areas of a child in a side impact collision – their head, neck, face, torso and pelvis. Recaro developed and optimized side impact protection for racecar seats in the 1990’s then quickly adapted our expertise to set a new standard for premium child safety seats. EPS energy absorbing foam and the proprietary Recaro seat structure design combine to provide seating safety, style and comfort for your little one, once reserved only for the most prestigious automobile and racing seats in the world. Real automotive PUR comfort foam in the head restraint, soft ware resistant fabric, CoolMesh Air Ventilation System and an ergonomic shell design provide luxury comfort qualities in the ProRIDE equal to the Recaro name. The ProRIDE exceeds all United States federal regulations for safety. For added safety, we test our seats through independent agencies including the globally respected ADAC. Because of our rigorous testing to the world’s most stringent safety standards, Recaro confidently believes our seats are the safest in the market. With expertise designing seats for the most prestigious automobiles, world-class racecars and premium child car seats, you can be assured of the quality and safety of the ProRIDE seat by Recaro. Premium features include; push button latch system with built-in storage, universal top tether, TrueLock belt lock-offs, QuickPull easy access harness adjuster, EasyAdjust no re-thread harness, SoftTouch head restraint, CoolMesh air ventilation system.
- Rear facing 5 to 40 pounds
- Forward facing 20-65 pounds (up to 57″) in 5 positions harness
- Booster to 100 pounds
- Steel alloy frame and aluminum reinforced sides
- 5 shoulder and 3 buckle positions for custom fit
The RadianR100 is a highly versatile car seat that could be the only seat you’ll ever need. It comfortably seats rear-facing children from 5-40 pounds, forward-facing children from 20-65 pounds in 5-point harness, then converts to a booster for children up to 100 pounds Built for strength and safety, the RadianR100 has a steel alloy frame, reinforced sidewalls, SafeStop energy absorbing harness, thick EPS foam panels for side impact protection and our unique Superlatch system for easy installation. The RadianR100 is NCAP crash tested, the industry benchmark for verifying child seat performance in severe accident conditions, and rated for latch use with a child up to 65 pounds The R100 sits low on a vehicle seat for easy child boarding and with expandable sides and a longer seat bottom there plenty of room and comfort for your growing child. Option to add up to 4 cup holders (sold separately). It also folds flat for travel and storage, has a 10 year life, and offers amazing safety, comfort and convenience your child won’t outgrow.
- 3-in-1 multi-mode car seat for longer use 20 pounds to 100 pounds
- Extended 5-point harness for children 20-65 pounds
- Converts to high-back belt positioning booster for child 30 pounds to 100 pounds
- Converts to backless booster for child 40 pounds to 100 pounds
- Steel reinforced frame for durability
Finally, the car seat that parents have been searching for is here. The Nautilus 3-in-1 car seat helps keep your child secure in a 5-point harness, from 20-65 lbs. When she’s ready, it converts to a belt-positioning booster from 30-100 lbs. And as she continues to grow, the Nautilus grows with her, transitioning into either a Highback or Backless booster for a comfortable fit up to 100 lbs. Extensively crash tested, including side-impact testing, outfitted with reinforced steel and thoughtfully designed with plush comfort features, this 3-in-1 car seat is will last your little travel companion well into childhood. Features: 3-in-1 car seat helps protect your toddler, from 20-100 lbs. Top rated by leading consumer magazines and publications Rigorously crash tested to meet or exceed U.S. safety standards Side-impact tested* (*In addition to meeting or exceeding all applicable US safety standards, the Nautilus car seat has been side impact tested for occupant retention solely with the built-in 5 point harness system.) EPS, energy absorbing foam for effective impact energy management Steel-reinforced frame provides strength and durability 3-position recline helps keep your growing child comfy One-hand, adjustable headrest easily adapts to your growing toddler’s needs Online videos help ensure proper seat installation Open-loop belt guides help you correctly position your vehicle’s seat belt Contoured armrests with cup holder and storage pockets
- Rear-facing from 5-35 pounds
- Forward-facing 22-40 pounds
- 4 harness heights
- Up-front harness adjustment
Convertible car seat with proton seat pattern rear-facing from 5-35 pounds, forward-facing 22-40 pounds. Four harness heights, 5-point harness with up-front adjustment, 2-piece harness retainer. Three buckle locations. Up-front harness adjustment. 2-position recline. Removable cup holder. Removable and washable seat pad.
- The Chicco KeyFit 30 Infant Car Seat is the premier infant carrier for safety, comfort, and convenience. With its removable newborn insert, the KeyFit 30 Car Seat will accommodate your baby from four to thirty pounds. The KeyFit 30’s thickly cushioned seat includes a five-point safety harness and is lined with energy-absorbing foam for increased safety and comfort. The KeyFit 30 Base’s spring-assisted level foot, two precision bubble levels, and “Center-Pull” LATCH adjustment guarantee quick and correct installment from either side of your vehicle and give you confidence that your child is safely secured in your vehicle.
- Compact design accommodates smaller fuel efficient vehicles
- Allows up to 3 seats across the rear seat of most vehicles
- Tru-safe side impact protection (EPS)
- Fast and easy vehicle installation
- Removable mommy’s lap inserted
The Combi USA Cocorro convertible car seat weighs only 11 pounds and is lightweight, compact, and very portable. The compact design accommodates smaller, fuel efficient vehicles and allows up to 3 seats across the rear seat of most vehicles. The 5-point harness with chest clip offers a one pull harness adjustment. The Tru-safe buckle and rear/forward facing lock offs are great features. The Tru-safe side impact protection and removable mommy’s lap insert are unique features setting this convertible apart from most of the competition.
- Received prestigeous five Star NHTSA “Ease of Use” rating
- Easy to read center angle indicator with two position settings
- Easy adjust, no rethread harness for use to 65 pounds multi-position crotch strap adjustments
- Built in lock offs for both rear and forward facing installation, external LATCH storage
- Removable headrest for better rear facing installation, can be used rear facing with head facing with headrest for infants up to 35 pounds
The True Fit Recline C650 Convertible Car Seat is the latest addition to the True Fit car seat family, receiving five stars for Ease of Use from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). This seat delivers all of the standard features from our original True Fit with several new features. This seat features the standard no-rethread easy-to-adjust harness. The harness is for use up to 65 pounds. Our easy off head rest and easy off pads are standard too. The C650 model features smaller bottom rails and a flip foot on the bottom—flip it forward for rear facing installation and flip it back when you move to the forward facing installation. This seat is fully lined with Expanded Poly Propylene foam and has deep side wings that really surround your child. We have added a center angle indicator in the front of our seat for use when installing in the rear facing position. This new easy to read indicator will help you determine if you have installed your seat correctly. For your infant, it will indicate the Safety Advocate recommended 45-degree angle for installation (without head rest) and as you keep it rear facing to 35 pounds (with the head rest) you can check for the recommended 35-degree angle for installation. We have also moved both side LATCH attachments so they are easy to access when you are installing your seat and easy to secure when you remove the seat from your vehicle.
Copyright 2012 David Masters