Top 10 Best Survival Gadgets 2012
You never know when you might be faced with an emergency situation, get these items to ensure preparedness.
- Ideal for outdoor recreation and everyday use
- Contains 32 stainless-steel tools including blades, a corkscrew, can opener, screwdriver, tweezers, key ring, and many more
- Measures 3-1/2 inches long
- Lifetime warranty against defects
Champ isn’t a moniker Victorinox throws out lightly, but the SwissChamp Swiss Army Knife deserves it. Whether you’re shaping a multi-prong spear to catch a catfish lunch, or need to start a survival fire with a magnifying glass, this palm-sized winner has you covered.
- 11 tools including wire cutter and Fiskars scissors
- Ultra compact at 5.75-inches long and 1.2-inches wide
- Stainless steel construction
- Weighs just 6.0-ounces
- Limited lifetime warranty
The Gerber Multi-Plier 600 is the fully functional tool box that fits in your hand! This versatile tool features all stainless steel components and patented one-hand opening jaws that open with the flick of the wrist. Available in black oxide coating or stainless steel. Comes with a ballistic nylon sheath. Carbide inserts allow wire cutter insert to be rotated 120 degrees when edge dulls. After 3 rotations, insert can be replaced.
- 10 in 1 Camping/ Survival Tool
- Great for Camping Hiking, Fishing etc
- Compass, Fire Starter Flint, Thermometer, Hygrometer
- Magnifier, Whistle, Mirror, Ruler, LED Light
- Made In China
10 in 1 Camping/ Survival Tool: Compass, Fire Starter Flint, Thermometer, Hygrometer, Magnifier, Whistle, Mirror, Ruler, LED Light. Great for Camping Hiking, Fishing etc.
- Dimensions with handle 5.5 x 5.5 x 14.625-Inch (width x depth x height)
- Compass, hanging hook, 12 super bright LED’s, 4 LED power (low), 8 LED power (medium)
- ON/OFF switch with three built in lighting modes, 12 LED power (high)
- No batteries required
- Lightweight durable plastic construction, great for camping, hiking, power outages and more
Light up the night with this unique Happy Camper Crank Lantern. With 12 individual light emitting diodes (LEDs), this lantern provides bright illumination that is built to last. Unlike old style lantern bulbs, LEDs rarely burn out and can glow for up to 100,000 hours! This crank lantern includes a three mode lighting switch that allows you to set your own degree of illumination!
5. DAJO Adventure Gear Outdoor Survivor Knife with 3.75-Inch Stainless Steel Blade, Swedish FireSteel Mini Fire Starter, Whistle and Sheath
- Textured G-10 grip is strong and easy to hold
- 7Cr17MoWV Stainless Steel with full tang design to provide strength
- Included sheath attaches vertically or horizontally
- Swedish FireSteel Mini is included – gives 5500 degree sparks to start fires
- Whistle included for signaling
For any venture where coming home depends entirely on you, the DAJO Survivor knife should be at your side. The DAJO Survivor contains three of the ten essentials: knife, fire starter, and signal whistle. Each of these items is designed to be as light as possible while still being fully functional at an affordable price. This lightweight survival kit includes: A knife with a 1/8th inch thick, full tang, fixed blade made of high-grade stainless steel with a high strength, durable, anti-slip polymer handle. The notch in the back of the blade is designed to act as a striker for the included Swedish FireSteel®. Durable nylon sheath has two belt loops to attach vertically or horizontally. Other sheath features include a Velcro® closure pocket for the FireSteel and whistle, seven eyelets for storing the paracord, and a Velcro knife retention strap. Swedish FireSteel Mini® from Light My Fire offers 1500 strikes while weighing only 0.3 ounces. Lightweight aluminum Emergency Whistle weighs only 0.2 ounces. (Whistles carry further and expend less energy than your voice.) Five feet of paracord is incorporated into the sheath. The knife can even be fashioned into a spear with the included cord.
- Constructed from electrolytic galvanized steel
- Includes 3 – 14g solid fuel cubes
- Lightweight, pliable
- NATO approved
- 2.4 oz. / 180g
The Esbit Emergency Stove is a great stove for emergency application, lightweight backpacking or a second stove. It is lightweight and stores flat then fold into place when needed. It is very durable and is constructed from electrolytic galvanized steel and weighs only 2.4 oz. This stove also comes with 3 14g solid fuel cubes. It is also a NATO approved stove.
- Skywatch Xplorer Series Measure:
- Temperature – current, windchill, maximum, minimum, water (Xplorers 2, 3, 4)
JDC\’s SKYWATCH Xplorer series was launched in 2004, and has proven to be the most exciting line of windmeters yet! Packed with features essential to monitoring the environment, the Xplorer series breaks price barriers and is simple to use.
Designed for consumer and professional use, the Xplorer does not include complicated and seldom-used features such as downloading and storing. Press one button, and instant readings are at your fingertips. Designed in Switzerland and built to our demanding specifications, the SKYWATCH Xplorer series is engineered to provide a lifetime of accurate and dependable use.
- High capacity internal battery stores energy for up to a year
- Adapter Tip System reduces waste and increases compatibility
- Rechargeable from included USB cable or the sun
- A full Solio Mono will charge a typical mobile phone 1-1.5 times
- Durable and weather resistant
The handheld power solution for every kind of emergency! A power outage due to a natural disaster. A breakdown in the desert without a wall charger. A business emergency at an airport where no wall outlets are available. These are just a few common situations in which the Solio Mono can save the day. Universal Charger – Power virtually all your electronic devices. Works out of the box with most common mobile phones, MP3 players, and GPS units – simply change the adaptor tip. Stores Power – Charge your devices anytime, day or night. Internal rechargeable battery stores power for up to one year. Hybrid Charger – Charge anywhere on Earth. Plug into the Sun and charge Solio through its solar panel, it’s free and green! Or use the included cable to charge from the USB port of any computer. Comes with… USB port replicator tip, Mini-USB tip, 12V Adapter, USB Charging Cable, Carabiner, and Instruction Manual. Limited 1 year warranty. Specifications: Nominal DC Output: 4V-12V, 0-1A – Maximum Wattage: 4.4 Watts – Internal Battery: Rechargeable 3.7V, 1000mAh Lithium Ion – Dimensions (L x W x H): 4.7 x 2.5 x 0.6 in. – Weight: 4.6 oz
- 4-in-1 auto emergency tool could help you make a life-saving escape from a collision or a submerged vehicle
- Solar-powered torch-with 3 ultra-bright white LED bulbs and constant ?On? and flashing modes-lights the way and alerts others
- Spring loaded metal tip shatters door window glassnne; Retractable pin punctures air bag; Channeled safety blade slashes seat belts.
- Self-stick dashboard bracket (for easy access and recharging)
- 15 hours of solar charging generates up to one hour of light in the constant “On” mode
This amazing 4-in-1 auto emergency tool could help you make a life-saving escape from a collision or submerged vehicle. Features spring-loaded glass-shattering tip; retractable air bag puncture pin; channeled seat belt slasher; and solar-powered ultra-bright 3-bulb LED torch that runs on the sun to provide constant-on and flashing modes. Comes with self-stick dashboard storage/recharging bracket and glow-in-the-dark sticker. Contains recycled
290-CSS Features: -Materials: Canvas metal and plastic.-Multi-function pocket
knife and multi function cooking utensils. Dimensions: -Overall dimensions:
4.75” H x 3.625 ” W X 1” D. Collection: -TrailWorthy collection.
Copyright 2012 David Masters