Top 10 Best Xbox Games Sept 2012
|1. Borderlands 2||6. Battlefield 3|
|2. Madden NFL 13||7. NCAA Football 13|
|3. Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim||8. Mass Effect 3|
|4. Gears of War 3||9. NHL 13|
|5. Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3/DLC 1||10. Dead Island: Game of the Year|
- Dynamic Co-op online, split-screen and LAN: Share your adventures with friends both online and via LAN. Borderlands 2 features a seamless system enabling you to drop in and drop out of a campaign without ever having to restart the game.
- World Connected Story: You will find yourself left for dead in the frozen tundra of Pandora as you begin your quest of revenge and redemption.
- New Badass Gun System: An entirely new take on the groundbreaking procedural system means millions upon millions of possible weapons. The variety and style of guns in Borderlands 2 is staggering.
- 87 Bazillion Everything: In addition to the new gun system, you will lust after procedurally generated shields, grenades, Alien Artifacts, class mods and much, much more. And you thought the original Borderlands had a ton of loot!
- Brand new environments on Pandora: Hunt through entirely brand new areas of Pandora that are more alive than ever!
- An entirely new take on the groundbreaking procedural system means millions upon millions of possible weapons
- Choose from all new characters and classes including the Gunzerker, who can dual-wield any two weapons in the game
- Improved story integration which finds you left for dead in the frozen tundra of Pandora as you begin your quest of revenge and redemption
- In addition to the new gun system, players lust after procedurally generated shields, grenades, alien artifacts, class mods and much, much more
- Share your adventures with friends both online and via LAN with a seamless co-op system enabling you to drop in and drop out of a campaign without ever having to restart the game
Borderlands 2 furthers the distinct blending of First Person Shooter and Role Playing genres to create the true evolution of the Role Playing Shooter. Team up with up to three other players for four-player online goodness or go old-school with two-player split-screen couch sharing mayhem as you spend hours leveling up your character and equipping them with one of the millions of badass weapons. Borderlands 2 features a new visually stunning array of procedurally generated guns, shields, grenades, artifacts, enemies and more. Choose one of the four new character classes to be taken through a carefully crafted and connected story to all new and surprising environments across the living planet of Pandora. Make new friends, arm them to the teeth and fight alongside them on your relentless quest for revenge and redemption.
Madden NFL 13 is the 2012 release in Electronic Arts’ celebrated American football video game release. Developed around the powerful, all-new Infinity game engine, Madden NFL 13 delivers a more engrossing, complete and realistic gridiron experience than any game before it. Key game features include: presentation reminiscent of national television broadcasts, gameplay improvements such as a new pass-ready system, improved play action, and the all-new read and react defensive AI system, optional Kinect sensor support,* Madden social/play functionality, multiplayer support online and offline, and the ability to build the ultimate franchise as a coach, an NFL superstar, or yourself.
With a completely redesigned passing game, including a new pass-ready system, improved play action, and the all-new read and react defensive AI system that features the most intelligent pass defense to date, Madden NFL 13 achieves greater realism on the virtual gridiron on both sides of the ball. In addition, Madden NFL 13 delivers physics you can feel. Powered by the all-new Infinity game engine, true player impact and authentic momentum transfer ensure that no two plays ever look or feel the same.
Enjoy the drama of every aspect of NFL play with friends through multiplayer support, both online and offline. The Xbox 360 version of Madden NFL 13 supports 1-4 players locally, and 2-6 players online on Xbox LIVE.
- Skyrim reimagines the open-world fantasy epic, pushing the game play and technology of a virtual world to new heights
- Play any type of character you can imagine, and do whatever you want; the legendary freedom of choice, storytelling
- Skyrim’s new game engine brings to life a complete virtual world with rolling clouds, rugged mountains and ancient dungeons
- Choose from hundreds of weapons, spells, and abilities; the new character system allows you to play any way you want, contains the premium map
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is the next installment in the award-winning Elder Scrolls series. Skyrim is the follow up to the 2006 Game of the Year, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion and the next game from Bethesda Game Studios, creators of the 2008 Game of the Year, Fallout 3.
- Enthralling cinematic story. Experience the epic finale to the Gears of War trilogy
- Unparalleled gameplay
- One of the definitive multiplayer experiences on Xbox LIVE
- Gears of War 3 pushes the envelope for stunning visuals on Xbox 360
Gears of War 3 is the spectacular conclusion to one of the most memorable and celebrated sagas in videogames. Developed by Epic Games exclusively for Xbox 360, Gears of War 3 plunges players into a harrowing tale of hope, survival and brotherhood.
In Gears of War 3, players fight on as Marcus Fenix, the grizzled war hero and leader of Delta Squad. Eighteen months after the fall of the last human city, the war against the Locust rages on. Meanwhile, deep beneath the surface, a fearsome new threat is infecting the planet from within. With survivors scattered and civilization in ruins, time is running out for Marcus and his comrades as they fight to save the human race.
The Gears of War series is one of the most popular franchises in Xbox history, with more than 12 million games sold worldwide, an upcoming film, New York Times best-selling novels and more.
- Assault – Pointstreaks within this package chain together and deal direct damage. It includes classics like the Predator Missile and Attack Helicopter. Your streak resets on death.
- Support – Pointstreaks within this package do not chain, focusing instead on surveillance and disruption. Your streak does not reset on death meaning they will respawn with you.
- Specialist – Pointstreaks within this package are designed for advanced players. Rewards come in the form of additional perks for optimal performance. These perks last until death.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 is First-person Shooter rooted in a fictional, but ultra realistic near-future conflict of mostly American forces with those of the Russian Federation around the globe. The third installment in the Modern Warfare branch of the Call of Duty franchise, Modern Warfare 3 features a heavy focus on multiplayer gameplay which includes innovative new functionality that encourages multiple gameplay combat strategies, a new 2-player co-op option, new play modes, weapons and more. The game also includes a gripping single player campaign that picks up where Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 left off, and game integration with the Call of Duty: Elite online service.
- Battlefield 3 introduces Frostbite 2, the incredible technology that takes animation, destruction, lighting, scale and audio
- Feel the impact of bullets and explosions, drag your fallen comrades into safety, and mount your weapon on almost any part of the terrain
- The best online vehicular warfare experience gets even better with a fitting sonic boom as fighter jets headline impressive lineup vehicles
- Take the fight to iconic and unexpected urban locations in the USA, Middle East, and Europe
- Experience gripping multiplayer action with 2-24 player battles supported online
Battlefield 3 is a First-Person Shooter (FPS) that is designed to attack your senses, delivering a visceral combat experience like no other FPS before it. Sequel to 2005’s Battlefield 2, Battlefield 3 utilizes the updated Frostbite 2 game engine, which allows for advanced destruction, sound, and graphics as well as a focus on dense in-game urban settings. Additional game features include: classic Battlefield mission-based gameplay, an impressive array of vehicles including jets and tanks, large-scale maps, an updated soldier class, 2-24 player support online and more.
- Gameplay – With a new passing system that changes the way quarterbacks and receivers play and respond, combined with a new read and react defensive AI system, NCAA Football 13 delivers greater realism on the virtual gridiron.
- Dynasty – Game days come to life with mid-game updates featuring a new studio analyst, plus enhanced commentary from NCAA Football veterans Kirk Herbstreit and Brad Nessler. Recruiting now goes deeper than ever with the addition of dynamic grades and the ability to scout players. Plus, there are even more ways to interact with your Dynasty from the web.
- Heisman Challenge – There are familiar faces on the field in NCAA Football 13, which now features a selection of former Heisman Trophy winners. With the new Heisman Challenge mode, fans have the ability to utilize the skill set of a legendary Heisman Trophy winner in a quest to match his award-winning historical performances and win the Heisman trophy once again.
- Road to Glory – The experience of being a college football superstar is now even more exciting with a new feature in Road to Glory that allows players to see and feel the game differently during key moments, increasing on-field awareness and creating amazing opportunities.
- Sights & Sounds – Revel in the pageantry of college football game days with NCAA Football 13. Featuring new team run-outs, mascots and pre-game traditions along with significantly enhanced audio and new trophy presentations, NCAA Football 13 will deliver the passion and excitement of college football to fans across the nation.
NCAA Football 13 by Electronic Arts – Xbox 360 (ESRB Rating: Everyone)
- Battle as Commander Shepard on many worlds across the galaxy as you unite the ultimate force to take back the Earth before it’s too late
- Enormous enemies and take on a smarter type of foe that will consistently challenge your best combat tactics and put you on the edge of your seat
- Customize your Commander Shepard, your squad and weapons to engage the enemy on your terms
- Allows the option to import decisions from both of the previous games and supports optional use of the Kinect Sensor for Xbox 360
- Experience a new emphasis on melee combat, movement and an improved cover system
Mass Effect 3 is a Role-playing Game (RPG) / Third-Person Shooter hybrid set in a Science Fiction universe. Mass Effect 3 is the third game in the popular Mass Effect series, and is rumored to be the final installment. In it players continue the adventures of Commander Shepard utilizing extreme character customization which is the hallmark feature of the series. Additional features include: the ability to import decisions from both of the previous games into the new game, ownership/play of previous games not required, customizable weapons, improved mobility and melee combat, many returning characters (if they were not killed off in previous imported games), an improved cover system that allows for more action, compatibility with the Kinect Sensor for Xbox 360 and more.
Earth is burning. Striking from beyond known space, a race of terrifying machines have begun their destruction of the human race. As Commander Shepard, an Alliance Marine, your only hope for saving mankind is to rally the civilizations of the galaxy and launch one final mission to take back the Earth.This item does not come with a gun or controller accessory.
9. NHL 13
- All-New GM Connected – The franchise’s most popular mode connects you and friends with the real world of hockey, allowing you to manage, play, or coach in a 30-team, human-controlled league. You can also take your GM Connected experience with you using the mobile companion app, ensuring that you’ll never miss a single moment.
- All-New True Performance Skating – Driven by real-world physics and more than 1,000 new gameplay animations, True Performance Skating authentically replicates the explosiveness, momentum, and top-end speed of today’s NHL players. With a new layer of creativity added in-game, combined with control offered by the Skill Stick, you now have the entire toolset of an NHL player at your fingertips.
- EA SPORTS Hockey I.Q. – With a completely overhauled A.I. system players are now fully aware of others on the ice, resulting in quicker, smarter, and more true-to-life decision-making. EA SPORTS Hockey I.Q. also delivers the deepest and most customizable set of real-world hockey systems and strategies ever.
- NHL Moments Live – Rewrite or relive history as you replay some of the most thrilling moments from today’s NHL. From Gagner’s historic eight-point night and Crosby’s epic return to the ice to new moments that are added throughout the season, you’ll always be challenged to see if you have what it takes to play like a star.
NHL 13 is EA SPORTS’ 2012 release in their long-running National Hockey League Sports video game franchise. Packed with new and improved functionality, the game is designed to both delight longtime fans and convert new ones as they take to the ice in one of the fastest games on earth, and battle for the right to hoist the coveted Stanley Cup aloft. Game features include, a more authentic replication of the explosiveness, momentum, and speed of NHL play, new online game modes, improved AI, multiplayer action, improved goalie abilities, online leagues, and more.
Featuring the biggest innovation for the franchise in six years, NHL 13 accurately captures the speed, creativity, and strategy of today’s NHL with revolutionary True Performance Skating. Sync up with friends with the real-world of hockey in GM connected, the first-ever online multiplayer dynasty mode with cooperative and Online Team Play, or relive the greatest moments from today’s NHL in NHL Moments Live. With core gameplay innovation, connected experiences, and the deepest feature set ever, NHL 13 is the definitive hockey experience.
- In keeping with an atmosphere of desperation and survival by any means, Dead Island focuses on serious, first-person action game play with a close-quarter, immersive melee focus
- Dead Island’s seamless 4-player co-op multiplayer seeks to provide the most immersive multiplayer experience to date. Players can drop in and out of each other’s games at any time with no loss of progress as well as the ability to continue on alone or with others
- With thousands of weapons in game to collect, from simple wooden bats to fire-axes to heavy rifles, Dead Island is a collector’s dream. This in combination with Dead Island’s weapon customization system will enable the player to craft the ultimate weapon to ensure their survival
- The ability to enhance and develop your character using RPG-like elements including an XP/leveling system and un-lockable skill trees put the power in your hands to create and play a unique protagonist
The island of Banoi is a lush, tropical paradise in the South Pacific where its flagship Royal Palms Resort serves as the ultimate getaway for vacationers with money to burn. However, all good things must soon come to an end – and the picturesque resort falls into madness, carnage and chaos after a mysterious and contagious zombie outbreak claims its once peaceful atmosphere. Cut off from the rest of the world, only four individuals who strangely find themselves immune to zombification have the power to protect the remaining survivors from the horrors of the island, to discover what’s really going on and find a way to escape before their own fatal ends.
The player is drawn into the world of Dead Island on the brink of a mysterious epidemic that suddenly, and without warning, breaks out on the fictional island of Banoi. As a guest of the Royal Palms Resort, the player’s stay was supposed to be a dream holiday; a luxurious getaway to the beautiful beaches of a tropical paradise. But faced with the reality of a zombie apocalypse, there is only one thing left to do: Survive. This is Dead Island a paradise to die for. The Island of Banoi: If you’ve been dreaming about paradise, we know a place where you can make those dreams come true. The Island of Banoi. Just off the coast of Papua New Guinea, located South of the Equator and just north of Australia. Until very recently much of the island was wild and primitive and totally untouched by the modern world. Even though the capital, Moresby, was founded by Australian settlers in 1895, many places deep in the interior still have never been seen by western eyes. Banoi’s lush tropical beauty offers many natural wonders: from verdant rain forests to mountain highlands to virginal white sand beaches. Take a diving tour and experience the wonder of coral reefs teaming with life. Hike the mountain highlands or explore Banoi’s extensive network of mysterious caves. Along the way you will encounter all manner of rare birds, butterflies, fish, reptiles, and mammals, including the great apes of the Banoi highlands. It’s a sportsman’s paradise with world-class rock climbing, fishing, hunting, sailing, and kayaking. Or if that sounds too taxing, find yourself a private beach, splash in the waves and soak up the sun. Meet the friendly people of Banoi. They are proud of their rich cultural heritage. The indigenous art is world renowned and unbelievably varied, reflecting the many local tribes with their own myths, legends and language. Come see what Heaven on Earth looks like. Come to beautiful Banoi. The pearl in the necklace of the Oceania Archipelago.
Copyright 2012 David Masters