Top 10 Best for Dummies Books October 2012
What does the top 10 for Dummies books say about us?
- Features four full-length practice ASVAB tests
- Includes a new sample Armed Forces Qualifying Test (AFQT)
- Presents a thorough review of foundational concepts for every section, including: building word knowledge, paragraph comprehension, solving math word problems, mechanical comprehension, assembling objects, and more
- Helps you conquer the subtests and compute your scores
Want to ace the ASVAB? This essential guide includes in-depth reviews of all nine test subjects with complete explanations for every question, proficiency exercises, and tips to help you pinpoint your weaknesses and hone your test taking skills. You’ll discover the pros and cons of the paper and computer exams, which tests are important to your military career, and cutting-edge study techniques.
Packed with practice questions and proven study tips, ASVAB For Dummies, Third Edition is the only guide you need to score your best and find your place in the military!
- A two-for-one value – the full-size Windows 7 For Dummiesbook plus two hours of video training on DVD
- Windows 7 has new features, an interface with more graphical elements, better interactivitiy with other devices, and faster speed
- Whether you’re new to computers or just to Windows 7, this handy package provides a simple, easy-to-use guide plus video illustration to help you accomplish basic tasks in Windows
- Covers the things most books assume you already know, as well as how to work with files and programs, get things done online, and customize Windows 7
- Shows you how to use movie, music, and photo management features, how to upgrade your system, and how to fix common problems you’ll encounter
- DVD shows you what you’ll see on the screen as you master each step
Windows 7 is Microsoft’s much-anticipated new release of the operating system that powers nearly 90% of the world’s computers. This two-for-one package provides the step-by-step guidance that will get you up and running with all the exciting new features.
This bundle includes the complete Windows 7 For Dummies book plus a DVD with two hours of video training. Featuring the expert advice you get in the book, the DVD shows you how to accomplish various Windows tasks and displays the screens you’ll see as you proceed.
This great book-and-DVD package will have you comfortably using Windows 7 faster than you can say 1-2-3!
- Excel is the leading spreadsheet/data analysis software and is used throughout the world; the newest revision includes upgraded tools and a redesigned interface
- For Dummies books are the bestselling guides to Excel, with more than three million copies sold
- Excel 2010 All-in-One For Dummies covers the changes in the newest version as well as familiar tasks, such as creating and editing worksheets, setting up formulas, and performing statistical functions
- Eight self-contained minibooks cover the basics, worksheet design, formulas and functions, worksheet collaboration, presenting data in charts and graphics, data management, data analysis, and creating macros with VBA.
Excel is the standard for spreadsheet applications and is used worldwide, but it’s not always user-friendly. That makes it a perfect For Dummiestopic, and this handy all-in-one guide covers all the essentials, the new features, how to analyze data with Excel, and much more.
Eight minibooks address Excel basics, worksheet design, formulas and functions, worksheet collaboration and review, charts and graphics, data management, data analysis, and Excel and VBA.
Newcomers to Excel as well as veterans who just want to learn the latest version will find Excel 2010 All-in-One For Dummies has everything they need to know.
- Veteran author Stephen Nelson updates his perennial bestseller and offers you easy-to-understand coverage of the newest release of QuickBooks
- Enables you to take control of managing your own business accounting and financial management tasks so you can avoid having to hire expensive outside help
- Provides expert advice for getting started with QuickBooks, building the perfect budget, processing payroll, creating invoices, managing inventory, tracking job costs, generating income statements, balancing accounts, creating financial reports, and more
Most businesses can’t afford a Big Four accounting firm to handle their books. That’s why so many small-to-mid-size businesspeople turn to QuickBooks to help them keep track of their finances. Bestselling author Stephen Nelson returns with updated coverage of the latest revisions and enhancements to the leading small business accounting software package. After a quick review of bookkeeping basics, you’ll discover how QuickBooks can help you build the perfect budget, process payroll, simplify your tax return prep work, create invoices, manage inventory, generate income statements, balance accounts, and much more.
You’ll learn what you should do before you install and set up QuickBooks, then move onto basic bookkeeping concepts and the fundamentals of building a solid budget. You’ll also discover how to enter data, create invoices, and record and print sales receipts; keep track of your inventory, payroll, and budgets; monitor your job costs; and generate the most common financial reports with ease.
The Education Testing Service announced recently that changes to the 2011 GRE test are the most significant updates to the exam to date. The new computer-based test is intended to measure skills that are truly critical to performing well in graduate or business school. GRE For Dummies, Premier 7th Edition with CD-ROM,provides students with an updated study guide for the redesigned GRE, as well as multiple practice tests, including additional content and two additional practice tests on the CD-ROM that are not available in the standard edition of the book. The information included in this revised and expanded Premier edition prepares readers to achieve their maximum score on this challenging exam.
Here, you’ll get an updated study guide for the newly configured GRE test and three tests that model real GRE questions, plus two additional tests on the CD-ROM. It covers all the sections you’ll encounter on the actual exam—verbal reasoning, quantitative reasoning, and analytical writing.
- An updated test prep guide to the GRE
- Strategies for all the question types on the 2011 exam
- Two fully revised practice tests and one brand new practice test plus two additional timed tests on the CD-ROM—for a total of 5 practice tests
- Hundreds of practice questions with detailed explanations and walk-throughs
- Everything you need to know to conquer the three sections of the exam—verbal reasoning, quantitative reasoning, and analytical writing
- 500 vocabulary terms most likely to appear on the test, plus 300 vocabulary flashcards on the CD-ROM
With clear, straight-forward advice and written in an approachable, easy-to-understand manner, GRE For Dummies, Premier 7th Edition with CD-ROM is your ticket to scoring your highest on the new GRE.
The mere thought of having to take a required calculus course is enough to make legions of students break out in a cold sweat. Others who have no intention of ever studying the subject have this notion that calculus is impossibly difficult unless you happen to be a direct descendant of Einstein.
Well, the good news is that you canmaster calculus. It’s not nearly as tough as its mystique would lead you to think. Much of calculus is really just very advanced algebra, geometry, and trig. It builds upon and is a logical extension of those subjects. If you can do algebra, geometry, and trig, you can do calculus.
Calculus For Dummiesis intended for three groups of readers:
- Students taking their first calculus course– If you’re enrolled in a calculus course and you find your textbook less than crystal clear, this is the book for you. It covers the most important topics in the first year of calculus: differentiation, integration, and infinite series.
- Students who need to brush up on their calculus to prepare for other studies – If you’ve had elementary calculus, but it’s been a couple of years and you want to review the concepts to prepare for, say, some graduate program, Calculus For Dummieswill give you a thorough, no-nonsense refresher course.
- Adults of all ages who’d like a good introduction to the subject – Non-student readers will find the book’s exposition clear and accessible. Calculus For Dummies takes calculus out of the ivory tower and brings it down to earth.
This is a user-friendly math book. Whenever possible, the author explains the calculus concepts by showing you connections between the calculus ideas and easier ideas from algebra and geometry. Then, you’ll see how the calculus concepts work in concrete examples. All explanations are in plain English, not math-speak.
Don’t buy the misconception. Sure calculus is difficult – but it’s manageable, doable. You made it through algebra, geometry, and trigonometry. Well, calculus just picks up where they leave off – it’s simply the next step in a logical progression.
The fun and easy way to get up to speed on the basic concepts of physicsFor high school and undergraduate students alike, physics classes are recommended or required courses for a wide variety of majors, and continue to be a challenging and often confusing course.
Physics I For Dummiestracks specifically to an introductory course and, keeping with the traditionally easy-to-follow Dummies style, teaches you the basic principles and formulas in a clear and concise manner, proving that you don’t have to be Einstein to understand physics!
- Explains the basic principles in a simple, clear, and entertaining fashion
- New edition includes updated examples and explanations, as well as the newest discoveries in the field
- Contains the newest teaching techniques
If just thinking about the laws of physics makes your head spin, this hands-on, friendly guide gets you out of the black hole and sheds light on this often-intimidating subject.
A plain-English guide to one of the toughest science courses around Organic chemistry is rated among the most difficult courses that students take and is frequently the cause of washout among pre-med, medical, and nursing students. This book is an easy-to-understand and fun reference to this challenging subject. It explains the principles of organic chemistry in simple terms and includes worked-out problems to help readers get up to speed on the basics.
The fun and easy way to tackle football basics and enjoy America’s most popular sportSince the last edition of Football For Dummies, new stadiums have been built, new stars have ascended, and records have been broken. This new edition has been revised to reflect today’s game, giving football fans up-to-the-minute information on all the rules and regulations, positions, plays, and penalties.
Featuring coverage of the newest stadium technologies, revised greatest players and legends, and pro-football must-do experiences, it also includes expert advice on training and gearing up for those who play the game.
- The complete fan’s updated guide to football
- Revised material on new players, stadiums, and strategies
- Written by football legend Howie Long and revered analyst John Czarnecki
From peewees to the pros, this hands-on, friendly guide covers the nuts and bolts of football for fans of all ages and experience levels.
The easy way to get a handle on Social SecurityAre you or a loved one looking to understand how Social Security benefits work? Social Security For Dummieshelps you better understand and navigate the U.S. Social Security Administration, covering important topics such as how benefits are funded and distributed, the various Social Security options and how to qualify, and deciding when to start accepting Social Security benefits.
Additionally, it explains the history, regulations, and significant changes to U.S. Social Security, as well as considerations for the future of the program.
- Advice for ensuring you’re receiving your maximum benefits
- Gives you a thorough breakdown of how benefits are determined and what programs are sponsored by the Social Security Administration
- Covers challenges and considerations for those with special circumstances
Whether you’re receiving Social Security benefits, helping someone who is, or thinking about beginning to accept benefits yourself, Social Security For Dummies is a must-have resource for navigating this complicated (and sometimes confusing) landscape.
Copyright 2012 David Masters