Best for Dummies Books 2012
What does the top 10 for Dummies books say about us?
- A two-for-one value – the full-size Windows 7 For Dummiesbook plus two hours of video training on DVD
- Windows 7 has new features, an interface with more graphical elements, better interactivitiy with other devices, and faster speed
- Whether you’re new to computers or just to Windows 7, this handy package provides a simple, easy-to-use guide plus video illustration to help you accomplish basic tasks in Windows
- Covers the things most books assume you already know, as well as how to work with files and programs, get things done online, and customize Windows 7
- Shows you how to use movie, music, and photo management features, how to upgrade your system, and how to fix common problems you’ll encounter
- DVD shows you what you’ll see on the screen as you master each step
Windows 7 is Microsoft’s much-anticipated new release of the operating system that powers nearly 90% of the world’s computers. This two-for-one package provides the step-by-step guidance that will get you up and running with all the exciting new features.
This bundle includes the complete Windows 7 For Dummies book plus a DVD with two hours of video training. Featuring the expert advice you get in the book, the DVD shows you how to accomplish various Windows tasks and displays the screens you’ll see as you proceed.
This great book-and-DVD package will have you comfortably using Windows 7 faster than you can say 1-2-3!
- Features four full-length practice ASVAB tests
- Includes a new sample Armed Forces Qualifying Test (AFQT)
- Presents a thorough review of foundational concepts for every section, including: building word knowledge, paragraph comprehension, solving math word problems, mechanical comprehension, assembling objects, and more
- Helps you conquer the subtests and compute your scores
Want to ace the ASVAB? This essential guide includes in-depth reviews of all nine test subjects with complete explanations for every question, proficiency exercises, and tips to help you pinpoint your weaknesses and hone your test taking skills. You’ll discover the pros and cons of the paper and computer exams, which tests are important to your military career, and cutting-edge study techniques.
Packed with practice questions and proven study tips, ASVAB For Dummies, Third Edition is the only guide you need to score your best and find your place in the military!
- Covers the iPad 2 and iPad
- Fully updated for the newest iOS 5 features including Notification Center, iMessage, Newsstand, AirPlay Mirroring, Safari Reader, and more
- Explains how to record HD video; take fantastic photos; surf the web; organize your e-mail and calendar; and find your favorite music, movies, games, and apps
- Includes tips on protecting your information and troubleshooting
With an elegantly thin form, front-and-rear-facing cameras, irresistible multitouch interface, and, now, with the awesome iOS 5 and iCloud, the iPad is one addictive device. This full-color guide helps you get to know your iPad so well you may never want to put it down! Mac experts and veteran For Dummiesauthors Edward Baig and Bob “Dr. Mac” LeVitus walk you through the basics as you set up and explore the iPad, master the multitouch interface, set up iTunes for your iPad, browse the web, find apps in the App Store, and synchronize it all with iCloud.
You’ll learn how to turn your iPad into the ultimate gaming machine; curl up with an iBook; immerse yourself in music, videos, movies, and TV shows; and organize, edit, and share photos. Keep in touch with e-mail, social networking apps, iMessage, and FaceTime video calling. Plus, you’ll never be late again, with the iPad’s built-in address book, calendar, Maps, and Reminders.
From the beginner basics to smooth and savvy tips, iPad 2 For Dummies, 3rd Edition will make you wonder how you ever lived without your iPad.
- Basic chicken-keeping requirements
- Misconceptions about chickens explained
- Top tips for healthy chickens
- Do-it-yourself housing ideas
- The best feed for your birds
- Advice on controlling pests and predators
- Hints for optimal egg production
- Information on raising meat birds
- Answers to combat laying issues
Raising chickens on a small scale is a popular–and growing–pastime. And Raising Chickens For Dummies provides an up-to-date, thorough introduction to all aspects of caring for chickens, including choosing and purchasing chickens, constructing housing, and proper feeding. Raising Chickens For Dummies provides authoritative, detailed information to make raising chickens for eggs, meat, or backyard entertainment that much easier.
Practical how-to advice for raising chickens in virtually any backyard!
- The various types of honey bees and the role each plays in a colony
- Hands-on instruction in building a hive
- How to keep bees healthier and more productive
- Guidelines for all phases of honey production
- New information on raising your own queens
- Plenty of helpful, illustrative pictures to guide you
- The safest ways to inspect and enjoy your bees
- A Beekeeper’s Calendar organized by climate zones
Interested in raising honey bees? This friendly, practical guide presents a step-by-step approach to starting your own beehive, along with expert tips for maintaining a healthy colony. You get the latest on honey bee medication and treatments, harvesting and marketing your honey, and the impact the sudden disappearance of the honey bee has on our environment and economy.
- 65 delicious recipes plus tips on eating out
- How to adapt your perspective on food
- he connection between autism, behavior, and gluten
- Good carbs vs. bad carbs
- The truth about whole grains
- How to shop for and stock your pantry with gluten-free foods
- Healthy and delicious recipes for every meal of the day (including a gluten-free spin on family favorites)
- Cooking tips and techniques
- Tips for raising happy, healthy gluten-free kids
If you have a wheat allergy, gluten intolerance, celiac disease, an autistic child, or you just want to enjoy the benefits of a diet free of wheat, barley, and rye, then this guide is for you. You’ll get trusted, authoritative explanations of the medical problems associated with gluten and clear guidance on how to make the transition to a gluten-free lifestyle — and love it!
- Veteran author Stephen Nelson updates his perennial bestseller and offers you easy-to-understand coverage of the newest release of QuickBooks
- Enables you to take control of managing your own business accounting and financial management tasks so you can avoid having to hire expensive outside help
- Provides expert advice for getting started with QuickBooks, building the perfect budget, processing payroll, creating invoices, managing inventory, tracking job costs, generating income statements, balancing accounts, creating financial reports, and more
Most businesses can’t afford a Big Four accounting firm to handle their books. That’s why so many small-to-mid-size businesspeople turn to QuickBooks to help them keep track of their finances. Bestselling author Stephen Nelson returns with updated coverage of the latest revisions and enhancements to the leading small business accounting software package. After a quick review of bookkeeping basics, you’ll discover how QuickBooks can help you build the perfect budget, process payroll, simplify your tax return prep work, create invoices, manage inventory, generate income statements, balance accounts, and much more.
You’ll learn what you should do before you install and set up QuickBooks, then move onto basic bookkeeping concepts and the fundamentals of building a solid budget. You’ll also discover how to enter data, create invoices, and record and print sales receipts; keep track of your inventory, payroll, and budgets; monitor your job costs; and generate the most common financial reports with ease.
- Covers the iPad and iPad 2
- Includes senior-friendly larger fonts and full-color illustrations
- Explains how to use the iPad in the clear, friendly, easy-to-follow language that has defined the Dummies series for two decades
- Covers using maps and the calendar, video chatting with FaceTime, browsing the web, using your iPad for e-mail and Facebook, buying apps and games, reading iBooks, playing music, watching videos, viewing photos, user security and safety, and more
- New edition is updated with new content on iOS 5 and iCloud features, including iMessage, Newsstand, Reminders, Reader and Reading List tools, and more
Lightweight, powerful, and perfect for reading and staying in touch, iPads are fun and practical for today’s seniors, as long as you know how to use all the bells and whistles. That’s where this helpful guide comes in. Written in the friendly For Dummiesstyle and sporting senior-friendly larger type and full-color illustrations, this book can help you get the most out of your iPad or iPad 2, even if you don’t ordinarily use a computer.
This new edition includes pages of updated content, including the latest features in iOS 5 and iCloud. You’ll first learn to set up your iPad, get familiar with the touchscreen interface, and explore accessibility features. Then you’ll learn to browse the Internet with mobile Safari, use maps, set up and manage your e-mail, buy and read e-books, download and play music and movies, work with photos, make FaceTime video calls, and discover how to extend the iPad’s capability even more with apps.
The iPad combines the best of your favorite gadgets into one amazing device—whatever you want your iPad to do, the fun starts with iPad 2 For Seniors For Dummies.
- Excel is the leading spreadsheet/data analysis software and is used throughout the world; the newest revision includes upgraded tools and a redesigned interface
- For Dummies books are the bestselling guides to Excel, with more than three million copies sold
- Excel 2010 All-in-One For Dummies covers the changes in the newest version as well as familiar tasks, such as creating and editing worksheets, setting up formulas, and performing statistical functions
- Eight self-contained minibooks cover the basics, worksheet design, formulas and functions, worksheet collaboration, presenting data in charts and graphics, data management, data analysis, and creating macros with VBA.
Excel is the standard for spreadsheet applications and is used worldwide, but it’s not always user-friendly. That makes it a perfect For Dummiestopic, and this handy all-in-one guide covers all the essentials, the new features, how to analyze data with Excel, and much more.
Eight minibooks address Excel basics, worksheet design, formulas and functions, worksheet collaboration and review, charts and graphics, data management, data analysis, and Excel and VBA.
Newcomers to Excel as well as veterans who just want to learn the latest version will find Excel 2010 All-in-One For Dummies has everything they need to know.
- Gets you started with your iPhone, and gets you on your way to mastering the multitouch interface, synching with iCloud, making phone and video calls, texting, working with the calendar, and more
- Explains setting up iTunes, watching videos, taking photos, and listening to your favorite music
- Walks you through connecting to the Internet, sending and receiving e-mails, getting directions from GPS maps, protecting your information, and troubleshooting
- Addresses the latest updates, iCloud, and new iOS 5 features that make your iPhone even more powerful and easy to use
- Includes coverage of iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, and the iPhone 4 models from all ? major carriers
Completely updated and revised to include iOS 5, iCloud, and other new Apple features, this full-color book is your guide to all things iPhone. Bestselling veteran authors Edward Baig and Bob “Dr. Mac” LeVitus introduce you to the capabilities of the iPhone for making phone calls, browsing the Internet, sending and receiving e-mails, working with the calendar, watching videos, taking great photos, and much more. You’ll discover how to set up iTunes, buy music and videos, protect your information, troubleshoot, multitask, and download the hundreds of thousands of apps available from the App Store.
Copyright 2012 David Masters