Top 10 Best Surround Sound Systems February 2015
You Save: $91.99 (28%)
- Sound Pressure Level measured using pink noise at 1 meter, C-weighted. Total harmonic distortion calculated as electrical measurement of amplifier distortion.
- Complete 5.1 surround sound home theater solution: 42-Inch; sound bar with left, right and center channels, wireless subwoofer and rear satellite speakers; Best in class audio performance: 102dB of room filling, crystal clear surround sound with less than 1% total harmonic distortion.Wirelessly stream your music from a Smartphone or tablet via Bluetooth
- Premium audio with Dolby Digital and DTS Digital Surround decoding, plus DTS Tru Volume and DTS Circle Surround audio post processing
Step up to immersive surround sound with VIZIOs new 5.1 home theater sound bar. Winner of CNET’s Best of CES 2013, the VIZIO S4251w-B4 combines amazing performance with innovative features to deliver an audio experience as crystal-clear as your HDTV picture in a design that’s remarkably easy to use.
Adding theater quality 5.1 surround sound to your room has never been easier. With a range of digital and analog inputs, all cables included to connect to most any HDTV, and easy to install wall mount brackets – you can saturate your room in sound with maximum convenience and minimal clutter.
Forget docking. Built-in Bluetooth technology makes it easy to wirelessly stream your favorite music or Internet playlist from your smartphone, tablet or PC. Spend more time playing your playlist and less time playing around with wires.
- Simple, single-cable setup with multiple position options for any room and TV
- Powerful, realistic sound for your TV with nine amplified speakers
- Doubles as a wireless speaker that streams music directly from Internet or computer
- Expand to 3.1 or 5.1 surround sound by adding Sonos SUB and Sonos rear speakers
- Complements HD television screens with richly textured HiFi sound.
- Wirelessly streams all the music on earth.
- Simple to set up, control and expand.
- Understands and speaks most IR remotes language
- Can be controlled by free apps for your Android, iPhone or iPad.
- Plays all sources plugged in to your HDTV
HDTVs offer an amazing picture but often lack the powerful, realistic sounds that movie, music, and gaming enthusiasts enjoy. The Sonos PLAYBAR wireless soundbar delivers sophisticated home theater acoustics and wirelessly streams all the music on earth through one streamlined, easy-to-use soundbar. Plus, PLAYBAR wirelessly streams all the music on earth.
Set up Sonos with the push of a button. The unique technology from Sonos brings your entire home audio system together on your home WiFi or over a dedicated wireless network. The end result? Unrivaled performance and zero drop-outs.
You Save: $300.00 (50%)
- 4 gloss black 2-way Energy satellite speakers
- 1 gloss black Energy center channel
- 200 watt Energy subwoofer with front firing port and 8″ driver and patented Ribbed Elliptical Surround(TM)
- Perfect for a large or small space surround sound solution
- Wall mountable
This landmark Energy 5.1 Take Classic home entertainment system flaunts superior MDF cabinets finished in sophisticated high-gloss black. It includes a powerful 200-watt subwoofer with a front-firing port, 8″ driver and patented Ribbed Elliptical Surround(TM) for well-defined bass reproduction. But the coup de grâce is the newly added Convergent Source Module (CSM) with its 3″ poly-titanium woofer and .75″ Hyperbolic(TM) aluminum-dome tweeter. This proprietary technology provides a dynamic frequency range and an expansive soundstage, resulting in smooth, realistic sound that emanates from each satellite speaker as well as the center channel. Music and movie lovers can now rejoice because the Take Classic not only breathes life into every entertainment experience, it incites an intense passion in every listener.
Energy has been a leader in audio research and development as well as in the engineering and manufacturing of speakers since 1973. With this pedigree Take Classic components were developed with Energy’s core principles in mind.
Take Classic raises the bar for 5.1 speaker system performance. It includes a powerful 200-watt subwoofer with a front-firing port, 8-inch driver and Ribbed Elliptical Surround™ for bass that you feel as much as hear. The Convergent Source Module (CSM), with its 3-inch poly-titanium woofer and .75-inch hyperbolic aluminum-dome tweeter, focuses sound for clearer dialogue and stirring music. The CSM gives soundtracks a dynamic frequency range and a huge soundstage, for smooth, realistic sound from each satellite speaker and the center channel. Music and movie lovers rejoice. Take Classic puts the passion back into your favorite films.
You Save: $100.00 (33%)
- Length & Power Output: 35-inch 120 W (7.1 channels) – ideal for 40-inch and larger TVs
- Subwoofer: Dual-driver built-in
- Connectivity: Wired, bluetooth
- Wall Mountable: Yes; Remote Included: Yes
- Inputs: 2 optical, 1 coaxial
- Dual built-in subwoofers for rich bass without the clutter of a separate box
- Easy set up with a single-cable connection to your TV
- Bluetooth wireless music streaming from a smartphone or tablet
- Control app available for Apple iOS and Android devices
- Learning feature lets you use your TV remote to control volume
- Air Surround Xtreme provides immersive surround sound
Experience clear, natural sound from a stylish sound bar that’s easy to set up and use. The YAS-103 features dual built-in subwoofers for rich bass, a single-cable connection to your TV, and Bluetooth wireless technology that lets you quickly stream music from your mobile devices.
No need for a separate subwoofer unit! The YAS-103 is equipped with two full-range drivers on the front and two down-firing subwoofers integrated discreetly into the bottom of the bar. Together with Yamaha’s original Advanced Bass Extension Processing (surround mode only) the bar delivers a surprising abundance of bass for the size.
The subwoofer drivers, employing large magnets and large-diameter voice coils, work in combination with the large-volume cabinet of the sound bar and bass reflex ports to deliver outstanding bass response. The bass reflex ports have a straight shape and proper length, as well as ducts shaped like trumpet bells, which reduces wind noise for better sound clarity.
You Save: $189.96 (58%)
- Special Shipping Information: This item cannot be returned and has additional shipping restrictions
- Pair of 2-way in-ceiling speakers timbre-matched to the Polk Audio RTi Series for seamless imaging
- Equipped with one 8-inch dynamic-balance, mineral filled polymer-composite cone. Frequency response: 35Hz – 20kHz
- Equipped with one 1-inch dynamic-balance, metalized soft dome tweeter with 15-degree-swivel mount
- Constructed of durable, moisture-resistant materials for use in bathrooms, saunas, or under outdoor eaves
The Polk Audio RC80i 2-way in-ceiling loudspeaker delivers incredible stereo sound to any room in your home from speakers you can barely see, without using any floor or shelf space. The RC80i is easy to install, requiring only that you cut a hole, feed the wires through, and simply drop the speaker in. It is held in place by rotating cams that safely secure the speaker with no extra assembly or mess. Once installed, the paintable grille and flange allows this in-ceiling speaker to virtually disappear in the room The Polk RC80i uses an eight-inch dynamic-balance, mineral filled polymer-composite cone with a rubber surround that outlasts cheaper foam surrounds, as well as a one-inch metalized soft dome tweeter with a 15-degree swivel mount. This makes the tweeter aimable for direct high frequency control that ensures spacious imaging with amazing clarity. The sound is well-balanced in any listening position, even off-axis. Constructed of rust resistant hardware and durable, moisture resistant materials, the RC80i is safe for use in bathrooms, kitchens, saunas, or even under outdoor eaves. The RC80i features strong composite driver baskets that keep moving parts in rigid alignment, and a wide-dispersion design for even sound-coverage throughout large rooms. This in-ceiling loudspeaker is timbre-matched to the Polk Audio RTi Series for seamless, enveloping imaging when used in a home theater system.
- One-connection convenience for clearly better TV sound
- Fits under most TVs 46″ to 50″, or can be placed on a shelf directly below TV
- Easy bass adjustments from control knob on the back of the system
- Included universal remote to control your TV and other sources
- Advanced Bose technology lets you hear more of the sound you’ve been missing without needing to constantly adjust the volume
Your favorite TV shows are filled with “can’t miss” moments. But you are missing some of them if you’re relying on your HDTV for sound. Whispered dialogue, subtle sound effects, mood music. The Bose Solo 15 TV sound system solves this problem, easily and unobtrusively. It sits directly under your TV and delivers better sound with a single connection. It features acoustic improvements over the original Bose Solo TV sound system, and is compatible with larger TVs for a more enjoyable experience. So what’s inside this elegant, pedestal-style speaker? Plenty. Speaker arrays positioned at each end of the cabinet work with proprietary TrueSpace technology for full, spacious sound. A dedicated center speaker-and digital signal processing-enable clear dialogue at any volume. It all adds up to deliver more detail and better sound from your favorite TV shows than you’ve heard before. And it’s much more than you could ever dream of from your HDTV alone. You want your TV shows to shine. But you don’t want a ton of equipment to make it happen. That’s the beauty of this system-one speaker, one connection to the TV. Plug the speaker into the wall, and enjoy the show. It’s that easy. Dramatic programs. Live concerts. Suspenseful series. There are times you just know you’ll want a little more bass when watching TV. Go ahead-you can adjust the bass control to your liking with the control knob on the back of the speaker. Thinking about your Blu-ray player or gaming system? No worries, a universal remote is included to easily control the system as well as most video sources connected to your TV. Included: Bose Solo 15 TV sound system, Universal remote control, Power cord, Optical digital audio cable and Analog cable.
You Save: $71.00 (16%)
- 7.1-channel home theater speaker set
- Highlighted by pair of floor-standing tallboy front speakers for visual and aural impact
- 130 watts total output on dual-drive front and center speakers and full-range surround speakers
- Bass reflex powered subwoofer with 230 watts output
- Subwoofer construction includes a 10-inch cone driver
For maximum audio impact, your multichannel Onkyo receiver should be accompanied by a full-blooded surround-sound speaker set. Fitting the bill is the SKS-HT870, a 7.1-channel system that injects power and vitality into all your movies, games, and music. The highlight-both visually and aurally-is a pair of dual-drive, floor-standing tallboy front speakers rated conservatively at 130 W. In concert with the two-way center and full-range surround and surround-back speakers-each also rated 130 W-they deliver stunningly detailed high- and mid-range frequencies. Meanwhile, at the bottom end, a superbly calibrated 290 W subwoofer adds visceral heft to bass notes and low frequency effects.
8. Boston Acoustics Soundware XS Digital Cinema with Bluetooth and Dolby Digital Decoding Optimized 2.1 Virtual Surround
You Save: $260.00 (52%)
- Incredibly small speakers provide big, high performance sound
- Dolby Digital decoding Digitally Optimized Virtual Surround (Theater-like surround sound)
- Dedicated music and movie playback settings (Sound is optimized for your content)
- Included wall brackets can be positioned at almost any angle
- Bluetooth enabled for music streaming (No docking needed, keep your smartphone with you)
The SoundWare XS Digital Cinema home theater speaker system envelops you in rich, room-filling sound. This is the ultimate 2.1 Virtual Surround Sound speaker system from Boston Acoustics. Connect this system directly to your TV for a fully immersive sound experience. Thanks to Boston’s Digitally Optimized Virtual Surround Sound processing, the two ultra-compact speakers and subwoofer deliver virtual cinematic surround sound effects that defy their size. Two high-gloss, ultra-compact, cube-shaped speakers fit neatly next to your TV, or can be easily hung on the wall with the included brackets. The powerful 8-Inch subwoofer features BassTrac circuitry for clean bass at all listening levels. The SoundWare XS Digital Cinema Home Theater Speaker system connects directly to your TV without the need for any additional components. The system is extremely easy to set up and use. The entire system can be used with your current remote control, eliminating the need for yet another remote. One special feature of SoundWare XS Digital Cinema is the selectable “Movie” or “Music” playback mode. This option tailors the sound for both movies and music. In the “Movie Mode”, you will enjoy crisp, clear movie dialogue and powerful cinematic special audio effects while the “Music Mode” delivers concert-quality music reproduction. After you set this option once, the system automatically remembers your setting. The SoundWare XS Digital Cinema includes a digital optical input (cable included) for true Dolby Digital decoding, RCA AUX inputs, and a mini-stereo AUX input for a portable media device. The SoundWare XS Digital Cinema is Bluetooth enabled so you can wirelessly play anything from your tablet, laptop, iPhone, Android or Blackberry device! Thanks to the “Music” Mode, your music will sound exactly as the artist recorded it – pure.
- 5.1-channel home theater speaker system for large rooms
- Includes Acoustimass bass module, four Direct/Reflecting Cube speakers, and a center channel speaker
- Powered Acoustimass module adds drama to music and movies
- Direct/Reflecting cube speaker arrays blend reflected and direct sound to produce stereo sound almost anywhere
- Horizontal center-channel speaker array visually complements flat-panel TV screens
The Bose Acoustimass 10 Series IV home entertainment speaker system brings 5.1-channel sound to your movies and music. Connect it to your home theater receiver and enjoy Bose quality sound. his system includes an Acoustimass bass module, four Direct/Reflecting Cube speakers, and a center channel speaker. The Acoustimass 10 Series IV speaker system is engineered to fill the room with beautiful sound, not bulky speakers. You can hide the Acoustimass module virtually anywhere in the room, and you experience dramatic sound that all seems to come from the small speaker arrays. Two downward-firing drivers in the Acoustimass module give you powerful performance for the lowest audible notes and effects. The module features technology that minimizes audible distortion. The horizontal center-channel speaker complements flat-panel TVs and blends nicely into your decor.
You Save: $270.00 (49%)
- Improved wire management for discreet on-wall installations. Exclusive XT Horn offers greater detail and wider dispersion
- The crossover frequency for satellite is 3700Hz and for center, it is 3100Hz
- For mounting, satellite has base swivels for on-wall mounting via keyholes and center has threaded insert
When you’re the best selling surround sound system of all time, performance means everything, and the fifth generation of the Klipsch Quintet doesn’t disappoint. These home theater speakers utilize Tractrix horn technology and lightweight Aluminum drivers for crisp, clear and uncompromising sound quality. The Quintet’s woofers have been redesigned for maximum bass output that blends seamlessly into the sound of your favorite movies, TV shows and video games. Every piece of the Quintet system comes housed in our AcoustaComp cabinets, ensuring a solid foundation to channel flawless sound. AcoustiComp is a material used extensively in both Professional Cinema and Music speakers. It is not only durable, it is so solid that cabinet resonance is never an issue. The Linear Travel Suspension tweeters in Quintet are designed for reduced high-frequency distortion while the long-throw woofers increase bass output for a perfect blend to the subwoofer you add to the system. Those drivers are complimented by an “audiophile” quality crossover network which mates those two drivers perfectly. The low-profile design of both the Quintet satellites and center channel speaker match today’s thinner and more aesthetic TV’s whether stand or table placed or mounted on the wall (brackets not included).
Copyright 2015 Kelly Downing