Top 10 Best Men’s Running Shoes July 2012
- Synthetic and mesh
- Rubber sole
- Impact Guidance System enhances the foot’s natural gait from heel strike to toe-off
- Guidance line provides gait efficiency
- Space Trusstic System creates a pocket between the Trusstic System, device and the midsole, allowing for controlled midsole deformation and more efficient foot function
- Asymmetrical lacing design is an anatomically correct environment that reduces potential for irritation and provides improved comfort and fit
- Discrete Eyelets are independently placed to disburse lace tension, creating a customized fitting environment and enhanced upper comfort
With supreme cushioning and enhanced features, the Gel-Nimbus 12 from Asics will keep you running steady and true mile after mile. Built for the neutral to under-pronator who requires enhanced cushioning. This shoe features an impact guidance system to enhance the foot’s natural movement from heel strike to toe-off, combination upper of breathable mesh and lightweight synthetic leather overlays for added support, biomorphic fit upper helps to reduce buckling and the potential for irritation, asymmetrical lacing design also reduces potential for irritation and provides improved comfort and fit, removable ComforDry sockliner offers the optimum cushioning system that creates a cooler, drier, and healthier shoe environment, discrete eyelets disburse lace tension creating a customized fitting environment and enhanced upper comfort, and the 3M reflectivity enhances visibility during low light hours. Style # T045N.
- Synthetic and mesh
- Rubber sole
- ACTEVA midsole
- VIBRAM outsole
- Antimicrobial treatment on footbed
New Balance takes their Minimus line off-roading with the MT20 trail runner. Exceptionally lightweight and breathable, yet ruggedly capable where it counts, your every stride is as sure-footed as it is cool and ventilated. Offering great feel for the contours of the trail, this is a must for taking your heart-healthy cardio into the wild.
An entirely different approach to trail running than the traditional running shoe, the New Balance Minimus Trail MT20 takes the proven versatile durability of a Vibram® outsole and combines it with a fitted, extremely minimalist upper that’s comfortable with or without socks. This latest edition of the Minimus Trail features a modified upper on the same comfortable sole unit as its popular counterpart the MT10, creating a near-barefoot experience on the trail.
- PhylonTM – midsole with natural motion engineering provides a smooth, well-cushioned ride.
- Waffle® – outsole pattern gives great traction and durability.
- TPU midfoot – for superior light-weight support and to give your foot the comfort it needs
- Breathable leather upper – combined with a midfoot overlay to give you a great fit and com
- Padded heel – and ankle for when you are running hard.
The Nike Dart 9 is made for the runner who wants a comfortable and versatile running shoe. Breathable mesh upper with a molded midfoot saddle delivers a lightweight, supportive fit. PhylonTM – midsole with natural motion engineering provides a smooth, well-cushioned ride. Waffle® – outsole pattern gives great traction and durability. TPU midfoot – for superior light-weight support and to give your foot the comfort it needs. Breathable leather upper – combined with a midfoot overlay to give you a great fit and comfort. Padded heel – and ankle for when you are running hard. Dynamic Support System – an appropriate level of support for your foot, based on cutting edge Nike research and technology. Its mesh gives a snug fit, while the non-marking rubber sole provides durability and flexibility through each stride. All at a great price! What is Phylon? Phylon is made of compressed ethylene vinyl acetate foam pellets that is expanded by heat and cooled in a mold. Nike brand uses phylon in the construction of the midsole in its shoes for its light, flexible and resilient cushioning.
- rubber sole
- Microfibre AirMesh Upper – For superior breathability, granting your feet improved comfort
- Omni-Fit – The lacing system combines with welded TPU overlays
- Fused Toe Rubber Bumper – For added protection and durability.
- Synthetic Leather Sling – Rearfoot sling provides great stability
- Flex Plate – Forefoot plate enhances protection and flexibility.
Less is definitely more exploring with Vibram®-soled Merrell Trail Glove natural adventure barefoot shoe. All the protection your feet need from rocks and roots, and an ultra-lightweight upper with a synthetic leather foot sling for stability fits like a glove. This great minimalist shoes is part of the barefoot collection and features Merrell Omni-FitTM lacing system secured with welded TPU for a precise, glove-like fit, fused rubber toe bumper for ultimate durability, internal support construction and a microfiber footbed with Aegis® antimicrobial solution. The Merrell Barefoot Trail Glove lets your feet follow their natural instinct!
- Solyte® Midsole Material – A lighter weight midsole compound than ASICS’ standard EVA and SpEVA® with enhanced cushioning and durability.
- ComforDryTM Sockliner – Provides cushioning performance and anti-odor properties for a cooler, drier, healthier environment.
- P.H.F.® (Personalized Heel Fit) – 2 layers of memory foam line the collar and mold to the athlete’s heel, creating a personalized fit.
- Rearfoot GEL® Cushioning System – Attenuates shock during impact phase and allows for a smooth transition to midstance.
- Guidance Line® – Vertical flex groove decouples the tooling along the line of progression for enhanced gait efficiency.
Pass the rest of the pack in a Blur with this sleek running shoe from ASICS. The Gel-Blur33 takes its name from the 33 joints that move your foot, and so you can expect astounding flexibility and natural movement in keeping with the minimalist running scene. Lightweight and generously ventilated, this is a sleek game-changer.
- Synthetic and mesh
- Rubber sole
- Weight: 12.9 oz.
- Full-length Infinity Wave: Ultimate in cushioning, rebound and durability
- Dynamotion Fit: Reduces lateral stress for optimal fit
- SmoothRide: Optimizes forefoot flex
Mizuno Mens Wave Prophecy Trainers A smooth ride mile after mile! The Wave Prophecy is the result of seven years of intense research and development. The Prophecy features a full-length Infinity Wave Plate — the first ever designed. The result is a ride like no other. Mizuno Mens Wave Prophecy Trainers feature: AIRmesh and synthetic suede overlay upper for superior feel, breathability and comfort Full-length Infinity Wave Plate delivers the ultimate in cushioning, rebound and durability Dynamotion Fit relieves stress that the foot normally puts on the upper and eliminates distortion for a customized fit Padded collar and tongue provides greater comfort AP+ Midsole provides greater spring of momentum X-10 technology allows for longer wear in high impact areas and supplements traction at heel strike Mizuno WAVE Technology provides superior cushioning and stability Abrasion-resistant toe bumper for durability Mizuno Intercool ventilation helps keep your feet cool SmoothRide technology helps reduce shock Gender Engineering tailors footwear for customized fit Mizuno… Serious Performance!
- Dynamic Fit system that tailors the shoe perfectly to your foot
- Seamless upper for lightweight support where you need it
- Waffle outsole pistons to help absorb impact and add responsiveness
- Abrasion-resistant carbon rubber under high-wear areas for enhanced durability
- Nike+ ready
With its barefoot-like ride, traditional cushioning, traction and underfoot protection, the Nike Free Run 3 offers a natural ride that’s both lightweight and comfortable.
- Synthetic and mesh
- Rubber sole
- Anatomical Brooks DNA cushioning in heel and forefoot
- Full-length BioMoGo midsole
- Progressive Diagonal Rollbar (PDRB) for ultimate support
- Moisture-managing Element Mesh for great breathablity
- Profile Sockliner for better first feel
The new Adrenaline GTS 11 brings together the shoe’s revered fit and feel — enhanced with a dynamic arch saddle and better conforming materials — and the custom cushioning and dynamic responsiveness of industry-leading Brooks DNA technology. A match made in heaven is how we think of this noteworthy union. We’re not alone: Runner’s World awarded the Adrenaline GTS 11 “Best Update” in their Winter 2010 Shoe Guide in their December 2010 issue, on newsstands November 9. One of our wear testers said “I loved the addition of the DNA. They felt so much more cushioned and stable than the 10s. After putting the Adrenaline 10s back on because I wore the 11s out, I really prefer the Men’s Adrenaline GTS 12, now with a sleeker fit, more breathable mesh, an improved Caterpillar Crash Pad for a smoother lay-down, and our new Omni Groove in the forefoot for a more compliant forefoot ride! Category: Support Weight: 11.3 oz Platform: Universal Construction: Combination Midsole • Anatomical Brooks DNA • Full-length BioMoGo • Progressive Diagonal Rollbar (PDRB) • DRB Accel • Universal Platform Outsole • HPR Plus • Forefoot Stable Pod Construction • Blown Rubber Forefoot Upper • Profile Sockliner • Moisture-managing Element Mesh • Synthetic Overlay Materials • Moisture-managing Element Linings • Internal Support Saddle Green Features: • BioMoGo, the world’s first-ever biodegradable midsole for running shoes
- Manmade sole
- 7.0 mm Sole – Compresses to 3mm, extremely responsive
- No Insole – to make sure that the shoe is as light as possible
- Collar/Panel & Lining – Featuring a removeable antibaterial mesh sock
- Quicklace “Lock lacing system” – Minimal and strong one hand, one-pull tightening lace
- Eco-Crendentials – A 100% Vegan, Dual density injection moulded that is glueless
Introducing the VIVOBAREFOOT Ultra EVA Men, a light-weight barefoot amphibious running shoe. This men’s running shoe is suitable for light trail cross training, water sports, long runs, or general beachside and urban barefoot exploration. A removable plug-in mesh tongue and/or sock is for puncture resistance and climate control. The elastic cord and lock-lacing system provide a quick, secure, and personalized fit. This VIVOBAREFOOT outdoor shoe also has a latex rubber and TPU abrasion resistant outsole. Get outside with the VIVOBAREFOOT Ultra EVA Men.
- Strobel construction offers flexibility and comfort
- Nubuck leather and mesh upper
- Lycra/Neoprene stretch collar for easy on and off
- External instep and heel stability arm
- Elastic Cord and Lock Lacing System for quick secure fit
Make your great escape in the Chameleon 3 from Merrell. The durable leather upper features plentiful mesh panels to enhance breathability and comfort while the speedy lacing system has you a half-mile down the trail while the rest are still fumbling with their laces. The lug sole begs you to find challenging terrain so it can truly shine and low ankle keeps things light and versatile so you stay nimble out there.
Slip on, lock down, and hit the trail running with the Merrell Chameleon3 Stretch. This men’s trail shoe is a style that re-engineers the classic Chameleon to provide the technologyyou require without bulk. The leather and mesh upper features a Lycra spandex and neoprene four-way stretch collar and tongue for flexibilityand snugness. The elastic lacing system secures the fit. An Ortholite anatomical footbed offers long-lasting comfort, while an Air Cushion midsole absorbs shock. The rubber Vibram Chameleon3 lugged sole withTC5+ rubber keeps this Merrell shoe steady on varied terrain.You can handle whatever the trails throw at you in the Merrell Chameleon3 Stretch!
Copyright 2012 David Masters