Top 10 Best Men’s Running Shoes 2012
The GT-2000 series of training shoes from Asics have a very strong following and the new Asics Gt-2170 Running Shoes for men take fit, stability, and ride to a whole new level. Lighter weight, more Gel cushioning than ever before, and a midsole/outsole technology system that is built for the moderate overpronator. If you need a combination of excellent cushioning and enhanced stability through the gait cycle, the Men’s Asics Gt-2170 Running Shoes, the lightest in this model’s history, are for you. ASICS reinterprets running with the Gt-2170. This lightweight go-to in mesh offers the brand’s famous GEL impact system for enhanced comfort and a full-length Guidance Line to help encourage proper gait. A grippy sole promises traction you can trust in ASICS.
- rubber sole
- Nike Free Technology – This shoe delivers the feel of training barefoot with a natural fit and enhanced flexibility.
- Breathable mesh upper – A highly breathable upper also built with synthetic upper for greater durability.
- Dynamic Fit system – It tailors the shoe perfectly to your foot and provide a great fit.
- Strategically Placed Carbon Rubber – under high-wear areas for durability.
- Reflective Details – For keeping you safe in low light conditions.
MINIMALIST RUNNING / BAREFOOT RUNNING NIKE FREE+ V3 RUNNING SHOES A soft, comfortable, and barefoot feel with a stylish looks. Formerly known as the 5.0, recommended for the runner using the free range for the very first time. Made to fit your foot like a second skin, the Nike Free Run V3 Running Shoe has a breathable mesh upper and a modified inner sleeve for a snug fit that moves with each stride. Also features the Dynamic Fit system, made up of ‘fingers’ of soft material that wrap the midfoot and arch for a glove-like fit. They move with the foot as you run, reducing the space between the foot and shoe for unparalleled comfort. A stretchy mesh inner sleeve with seamless overlays delivers a supportive, skin-like fit and the minimalistic, molded sockliner mimics the foot’s curvature for added support and comfort.
- Rubber sole
- Full-length Infinity Wave: Ultimate in cushioning, rebound and durability
- Follows the Natural form of your feet to create the perfect fit.
- Improved Materials and design for ultimate comfort and weight.
- 100% Authentic Guaranteed.
Welcome the future of running with Mizuno’s Wave Prophecy 2. Natural fit and reduced weight via the updated heel counter. Wave technology dissipates shock. Smooth Ride engineering. Dynamotion Fit. AP+ rebound enhancement. Our product development strategy is to create products with features that enhance athlete performance and are unique to only Mizuno. These technological advancements make our sporting equipment and apparel go the extra mile and keep you in tip top playing form no matter the sport nor the conditions.
- Synthetic and Mesh
- Rubber sole
- 3D Advanced Chassis – Controls shoes twisting motion. Flexes under the heel to absorb shock and provide stability.
- Sensifit – Actively cradles the foot to ensure a secure and precise fit for maximum stability and a secure fit.
- Quicklace – Minimal and strong one hand, one-pull tightening lace that secures shoes quickly and provides good stability and support. For a more customised fit.
- Contagrip – Outsole blends several different hardness combinations of Contagrip rubber for the perfect mix of grip and durability across varied terrain.
- Ortholite Sockliner – Ortholite foam and EVA heel cup creates a cooler, drier, healthier foot.
When your off-road trek takes you even further off the beaten path, Salomon’s Speedcross 3 is there to carry you through. Lightweight construction meets the aggressive tread of the Mud and Snow Contagrip sole for a premium blend of performance and fit. The Quicklace system gets you suited up lickity split so you hit the ground running and never look back. Runners looking for a performance trail shoe will appreciate the Speedcross 3’s supportive fit, cushioning and all-terrain traction. The Speedcross sheds mud and grips rock with ease, while its water-resistant textile mesh uppers breathe and wick away moisture to keep your feet comfortable mile after mile. The Ortholite sockliner enhances internal climate control, while Salomon’s Muscle Chassis design wraps your foot in lightweight comfort.
- Leather and fabric
- Rubber sole
- Dual-density Collar uses both a softer density foam against the foot for cushioning, and a firmer density foam for support
- Pigskin/Mesh Upper provides your foot with a lightweight and supportive feel
- Reflective detailing enhances your visibility
- Blown rubber forefoot for lightweight cushioning
- Made in USA. New Balance calls a shoe ‘Made in the USA’ when the domestic content is 70% or more.
The New Balance 990 updates the 993, with sleeker looks and now a half ounce lighter. American craftsmanship at its finest, the Heritage 990 v3 series provides the perfect blend of cushioning and stability. The choice for supinators and moderate overpronators, the 990 is a durable high-mileage trainer with the cushioning to help you love running even more! The legendary Made in USA 990 series comes full circle with the newest release from New Balance! The men’s 990 features a classic design with a universal appeal, from its premium pigskin upper with mesh inserts for breathability to the stability-enhancing ABZORB® midsole plus ENCAP to promote a healthy gait. Whether you’re running five miles a day or rushing from class to class on your feet, the seriously comfortable 990 takes you everywhere in timeless casual style.
- Synthetic and fabric
- Manmade sole
- Low top men’s sneaker
- Patent leather accents
- Lace closure Padded tongue with REEBOK logo
- Cushioned sole for ultimate comfort and performance
Get out there and go for it in Reebok’s ZigActivate running shoe. This well-equipped offering wins with a breathable textile upper and Reebok’s signature zig-zag sole for enhanced flexibility in every step. A removable insole accommodates orthotics while a padded collar offers cush where you need it most in Reebok. Reebok Mens ZigActivate Trainers Set the pace with the ZigActivate! With a responsive ZigTech sole, a flexible forefoot and a durable heel strike, the Reebok Mens ZigActivate Trainer is ready to run.
- Synthetic and leather
- Manmade sole
- Running shoe-Alignment: stability
- Running shoe-Training area: training oriented running
- Season-season: Whole Year Product
- Running shoe-Foot pronation: Neutral / light Uberpronation
- Running shoe-Foot pronation
Saucony is among the most respected names in running shoes. They offer a wide range of running and walking shoes, each with the Saucony trademark fit, feel, and performance. They’ve spent years studying the biomechanics of top athletes because the goal is to develop creatively engineered systems that maximize your performance, allowing you to focus on the activity instead of the equipment. From studies have come many innovative Saucony concepts. Advanced technologies like Grid, the first sole-based stability and cushioning system, provide an advantage to athletes of all types.
- Synthetic and mesh
- Manmade sole
- Super light running shoe for hardpack or urban terrain
The Inov-8 F-Lite 195 features the F-Lite Outsole. A sticky rubber compound outsole which is designed to maximise running efficiency. The 3D Air Mesh offers great support as well as comfort, with an enhanced TPU Met Cradle and S3 printing around the toe. The Fusion Sole with its special blend of Lite Rubber and EVA foam forms the injection-moulded midsole of the running shoe. Based in “England’s last wilderness,” the North Pennines, inov-8 is a British company that is passionate about specialist off-road running products and creating the lightest weight, most flexible footwear on the market.
- Mesh and synthetic
- Manmade sole
- Full-length Brooks DNA gives the runner a customized cushion with each stride
- Long lasting cushioning BioMoGo midsole is also enviromentally friendly
- Extended Progressive Diagonal Rollbar (PDRB) controls excessive pronation
- DRB Accel enhances midfoot support
- Ultimate Sockliner adds a great first feel
The Beast® has long served as a motion-control superhero, coming to the rescue of runners with low or flat arches and excessive pronation. Now a new, full-length MoGo midsole extends the shoe’s list of superpowers with super soft, long-lasting cushioning offering increased energy return for some extra spring in your step, all with no sacrifice in stability. Featuring silver-embedded X-STATIC®, The Silver Fiber™, in the sockliner for a comfortable, thermally balanced footbed, the Beast® delivers maximum support and smooth, crave-worthy cushioning that feels as good on mile one as mile 100–and beyond.
- Fabric and synthetic
- Manmade sole
Stand out from the crowd in this stylish fashion sneaker from Puma. The Osu Nm delivers comfort and flexibility with a mesh upper with a synthetic strap overlay for greater durability and killer style. A patterned rubber sole creates a seamless effect, while ensuring a steady step wherever you go. Puma Osu NM Running Shoes.
Copyright 2012 David Masters