Top 10 Best Selling Car Seats June 2012
Nothing is more important than preotecting the life of one’s most precious cargo. These are the best options for you to consider when buying a car seat.
- Safe cell technology features safe cells designed to compress in a crash, significantly lowering the center of gravity and counteracting the forward rotation of the child seat which normally propels the child toward the front seat
- Integrated steel bars strengthen the connection to the vehicle and reduce forward flexing of the child seat during a crash
- Energy-absorbing versa-tether features a staged-release tether webbing to slow the forward movement, reducing the crash forces reaching the child, and a two-point attachment to minimize forward rotation while anchoring the top of the child seat
- Side impact protection comprised of deep side walls lined with energy-absorbing EPP foam distributes crash forces, shields from vehicle intrusion, and contains the head, neck and body
- Tangle-free; Five-point harness distributes crash forces across the strongest parts of the body and provides a secure fit
The BRITAX MARATHON 70 Convertible Car Seat achieves optimum head safety through the combination of BRITAX SafeCell Technology, integrated steel bars, and a Versa-Tether, which work together to minimize head excursion and reduce the risk of head injury during a frontal impact. It also features easy installation, Side Impact Protection, and innovative details for your child’s comfort and safety. The seat fits children in the rear-facing position weighing from 5 to 40 pounds, and children in the forward-facing position starting at one year old and 20 pounds, up to 70 pounds.
- 100% Polyester
- Side impact tested; Meets or exceeds all applicable federal safety standards and Evenflo’s side impact test standard
- Designed and tested for structural integrity at energy levels approximately 2X the Federal crash test standard
- Multiple-shoulder harness positions for better fit and longer use
- Upfront harness adjustment and buckle release allows easy and convenient adjusting
- Integrated body pillow gives added comfort to baby and an easily removable head pillow for older children
The Evenflo Tribute 5 DLX Convertible car seat combines safety, comfort and ease for the ultimate value in child restraints. Compact in size, the Tribute provides a great vehicle fit while providing side impact protection. With a plush head pillow and integrated body pillow your child will ride in comfort while you’re on the road. Protecting children is our core mission at Evenflo. For almost a century we have been a leader in safety, innovation and education. Knowing that one in four automobile accidents are side impact collisions, we believe it’s important to go beyond the current government standards when designing the next generation of Evenflo car seats, including the Tribute 5 DLX. Side impact tested. Meets or exceeds all applicable federal safety standards and Evenflo’s side impact test standard designed and tested for structural integrity at energy levels approximately 2X the Federal crash test standard Multiple-Shoulder Harness positions for better fit and longer use. Upfront harness adjustment and buckle release allows easy and convenient adjusting Integrated body pillow gives added comfort to baby and an easily removable head pillow for older children.
- Rear facing 5 to 40 pounds
- Forward facing 20-65 pounds (up to 57″) in 5 positions harness
- Booster to 100 pounds
- Steel alloy frame and aluminum reinforced sides
- 5 shoulder and 3 buckle positions for custom fit
The RadianR100 is a highly versatile car seat that could be the only seat you’ll ever need. It comfortably seats rear-facing children from 5-40 pounds, forward-facing children from 20-65 pounds in 5-point harness, then converts to a booster for children up to 100 pounds Built for strength and safety, the RadianR100 has a steel alloy frame, reinforced sidewalls, SafeStop energy absorbing harness, thick EPS foam panels for side impact protection and our unique Superlatch system for easy installation. The RadianR100 is NCAP crash tested, the industry benchmark for verifying child seat performance in severe accident conditions, and rated for latch use with a child up to 65 pounds The R100 sits low on a vehicle seat for easy child boarding and with expandable sides and a longer seat bottom there plenty of room and comfort for your growing child. Option to add up to 4 cup holders (sold separately). It also folds flat for travel and storage, has a 10 year life, and offers amazing safety, comfort and convenience your child won’t outgrow.
- For infants from 5-30 pounds and toddlers from 20-40 pounds
- Rigorously crash tested to meet or exceed us safety standards
- Eps, energy absorbing foam for effective impact energy management
- Removable head support helps keep your little travel companion comfy on all your journeys together
- Latch equipped, with an easy-to-read level indicator for hassle-free installation in the rear-facing position
This ultra-versatile seat can be used rear-facing for infants from 5-30 pounds, and then forward-facing as a toddler seat for children from 20-40 pounds. With a five-point, front-adjust harness, EPS, energy absorbing foam, removable head pillow, and conveniently placed cup holder keeps drinks within reach of little hands, so your tiny travel companion remains content.
- Removable headrest for better rear facing installation, can be used rear facing with headrest for infants up to 35 pounds
- Easy to read center angle indicator with two position settings
- Easy adjust, no rethread harness for use to 65pounds, multi-position crotch strap adjustment
- Built in lock offs for both rear and forward facing installation
- Color coded belt paths for easy installation
The True Fit Recline C650 Convertible Car Seat is the latest addition to the True Fit car seat family, receiving five stars for Ease of Use from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). This seat delivers all of the standard features from our original True Fit with several new features. This seat features the standard no-rethread easy-to-adjust harness. The harness is for use up to 65 pounds. Our easy off head rest and easy off pads are standard too. The C650 model features smaller bottom rails and a flip foot on the bottom—flip it forward for rear facing installation and flip it back when you move to the forward facing installation. This seat is fully lined with Expanded Poly Propylene foam and has deep side wings that really surround your child. We have added a center angle indicator in the front of our seat for use when installing in the rear facing position. This new easy to read indicator will help you determine if you have installed your seat correctly. For your infant, it will indicate the Safety Advocate recommended 45-degree angle for installation (without head rest) and as you keep it rear facing to 35 pounds (with the head rest) you can check for the recommended 35-degree angle for installation. We have also moved both side LATCH attachments so they are easy to access when you are installing your seat and easy to secure when you remove the seat from your vehicle.
- Cotton 60%/Rayon 40%
- 5 points of protection
- Recaro’s Side Impact Protection (SIP) system with its extra large wings
- Accommodates children from 20 pounds to 120 pounds
- 5 point harness accommodates children up to 90 pounds
- Remove harness to switch to a high back booster
The ProSPORT is a premium combination harness to booster seat. Your child will ride in comfort and optimal safety with this convertible car seat. The Side Impact Protection (SIP) system is designed to distinctly protect five vulnerable areas of a child head, neck, face, pelvis and torso. The easy adjust, soft touch head restraint is padded with real automotive PUR foam and positions easily with the turn of a knob. Also features an easy to adjust five-point harness, cool mesh air ventilation, and a lock-off mechanism that locks the vehicle seat belt in the belt path for optimum safety in the forward facing position. Other features include push button latch system with latch storage, harness storage pockets, a universal top tether system and a rear-facing recline lever. Seat measures 27″ to 29″ H x 19″ W x 11″ D. 70 pound weight capacity. This seat includes a 5-point harness system that accommodates children up to 90 pounds. Later the 5 point harness can be removed and the seat can be used as a belt positioning booster seat for a child up to 120 pounds. Also included is the RECARO safety stripe system a racing-inspired white stripe which will be clearly visible on the outside edge of the 5 point harness. Made in the USA.
- 3 modes of use: rear facing 5-35 pounds; forward facing 22-40 pounds; belt positioning booster 40-100 pounds
- Quickfit harness system allows you to adjust your child from the front in one easy step
- Epp energy absorbing foam
- Multi-positon recline with pivoting armrests
- Removable cup holder
Safety 1st Alpha Omega Elite Convertible Car Seat offers 3 modes of use for an infant, young baby or toddler.. The Safety 1st Alpha Omega Elite Convertible Car Seat can be used in the rear-facing position for an infant or the forward facing position with a 5-point harness for an older baby and it converts to a belt-positioning booster for a toddler. The ProTech EPP energy absorbing foam makes the seat extra safe. The Quickfit harness system easily adjusts from the front without rethreading. The infant head support and 3 position recline is an essential for baby’s comfort and support. Removable cup holder keeps beverage close to child. The 4-position adjustable headrest grows with your child. The vehicle seat belt can be correctly positioned across your child with the 2-position belt positioning guides. Pivoting armrests make getting in and out of the car seat easy. The car seat pad is removable for easy cleaning. Appropriate for use *from birth through toddler for a child between 19 and 52″ in height *in the rear-facing position for a child weighing between 5-35 pounds *in the forward-facing position for a child weighing between 22-40 pounds *as a belt positioning booster seat for a child weighing between 40-100 pounds.
The Chicco KeyFit 30 Infant Car Seat is the premier infant carrier for safety, comfort, and convenience. With its removable newborn insert, the KeyFit 30 Car Seat will accommodate your baby from four to thirty pounds. The KeyFit 30’s thickly cushioned seat includes a five-point safety harness and is lined with energy-absorbing foam for increased safety and comfort. The KeyFit 30 Base’s spring-assisted level foot, two precision bubble levels, and “Center-Pull” LATCH adjustment guarantee quick and correct installment from either side of your vehicle and give you confidence that your child is safely secured in your vehicle.
- Safecell technology features safecells designed to compress in a crash, significantly lowering the center of gravity and counteracting the forward rotation of the child seat which normally propels the child toward the front seat
- Integrated steel bars strengthen the connection to the vehicle and reduce forward flexing of the child seat during a crash
- Energy-absorbing versa-tether features a staged-release tether webbing to slow the forward movement, reducing the crash forces reaching the child, and a two-point attachment to minimize forward-rotation while anchoring the top of the child seat
- True side impact protection offers an extra layer of EPP foam, keeping the head, neck and spine aligned, and deep side walls lined with EPP foam to distribute crash forces, shield from vehicle intrusion, and contain the head, neck and body
- Tangle-Free, Five-Point Harness distributes crash forces across the strongest parts of the body and provides a secure fit
The BRITAX BOULEVARD 70 Convertible Car Seat achieves optimum head safety through the combination of BRITAX SafeCell Technology, integrated steel bars, and a Versa-Tether, which work together to minimize head excursion and reduce the risk of head injury during a frontal impact. It also features easy installation, True Side Impact Protection, and innovative details for your child’s comfort and safety. The seat fits children in the rear-facing position from 5 to 40 pounds, and children in the forward-facing position starting at one year old and 20 pounds, up to 70 pounds.
- The side-impact tested convertible car seat with extended usage holds baby rear-facing from 5-40 pounds and forward facing from 20-65 pounds
- Secure your forward-facing child in a 5-point harness up to 65 pounds
- Rigorously crash tested to meet or exceed us safety standards and help reassure safety-conscious parents
- Side-impact tested; In addition to meeting or exceeding all applicable US safety standards, the My Ride(tm) 65 has been side impact tested for occupant retention by the harness system
- Latch equipped with an easy-to-read level indicator for hassle-free installation
Help keep your growing child safe in this innovative convertible car seat. The American Academy of Pediatrics recommends your child ride rear-facing as long as possible, so My Ride 65 stays rear-facing up to 40 pounds.
Copyright 2012 David Masters