Top 10 Best Air Conditioners 2015
1. Frigidaire FFRA0511R1 5, 000 BTU 115V Window-Mounted Mini-Compact Air Conditioner with Mechanical Controls
- 5,000 BTU mini-compact air conditioner for window-mounted installation uses standard 115V electrical outlet (Window mounting kit included)
- Quickly cools a room up to 150 sq. ft. with dehumidification up to 1.1 pints per hour
- Mechanical rotary controls, 2 cool speeds, 2 fan speeds, and 2-way air direction
- Low power start-up, quiet operation and effortless restart
- Energy Efficiency Ratio (EER): 11.1
Frigidaire’s FFRA0511R1 5,000 BTU 115V Window-Mounted Mini-Compact Air Conditioner is perfect for cooling a room up to 150 square feet. It quickly cools a room on hot days and quiet operation keeps you cool without keeping you awake. This unit features mechanical rotary controls and top, full-width, 2-way air direction control. The washable mesh filter with side, slide-out access reduces bacteria, room odors and other airborne particles for a healthier, more comfortable environment. Low power start-up conserves energy and saves you money plus, effortless restart automatically resumes operating at its previous settings when power is restored.
You Save: $80.00 (18%)
- 10,000 BTU portable air conditioner with no-bucket design cools areas up to 400 sq. ft.
- Dehumidification up to 79.2 pints per day
- Digital LED display, precise feather-touch controls and full-function remote control
- 3 speeds and automatic on/off timer from 1-24 hours
- Powerful air flow and quiet operation
The Honeywell MN10CESWW 10,000 BTU Portable Air Conditioner has a sleek, modern design cooling and dehumidifying areas up to 350 square feet. With 3-in-1 technology and 3M electrostatic filter this portable air conditioner delivers optimum cooling and dehumidification. It also has a fan-only function. The full-function remote control allows you to operate each feature from across the room. Unlike a fixed AC, this unit requires no permanent installation and four caster wheels provide easy mobility between areas. Plus, the auto-evaporation system allows for hours of continuous operation with no water to drain or no bucket to empty. This model comes with everything needed including a flexible exhaust hose and an easy-to-install window venting kit. The window vent can be removed when the unit is not in use.
- 3 fan speeds including quiet mode to ensure themaximum quietness
- 12 hour digital timer and thermostat
- Maximum cooling capacity: 11,000 BTU/H Room size up to 350 ft2
- Dehumidifies while conditioning
- R410 refrigerant is ecological respecting the environment while ensuring user comfort and energy efficiency
Want supplemental cooling that won’t block your view? Do you live in an apartment building that doesn’t allow for window air conditioners? For any scenario, the De’Longhi Pinguino Portable Air Conditioner with 11,000 BTUs is the ideal solution. Don’t suffer in the heat, simply roll the Pinguino into any room and place it near a window and outlet. Plug it in, slide in the window bracket, attach the hose and turn it on. There are no tools required! Not only is it simple to set up, but you will also save money with plenty of energy-efficient features such as refrigerant gas and an adjustable thermostat. The convenient 24-hour programmable timer allows you to set it only for the time you need cooling. With most portable air conditioner units, you need to continuously empty excess condensation from a bucket. But with Pinguino’s “no drip” technology, the unit automatically recylces the condensation so you never have to empty a bucket again! Other highlights include 3 fan speeds, auto fan function and easy-to-use digital controls with LED display and remote. With quiet, worry-free operation, the Pinguino is perfect for your home office, bedroom, basement or anywhere cooling is needed.
You Save: $140.01 (23%)
- Three operational modes: air conditioner, fan or dehumidifier
- Full thermostatic control (61°F – 89°F) with digital readout, 24 hour programmable timer
- Remote control, carbon air filter, washable pre-filter, and product manual packaged inside exhaust hose
- Dehumidifying capacity of 101 pints per day, 3 fan speeds
- Includes extendable exhaust and intake hose (up to 60″) and window kit (up to 46″)
- Maximum power consumption: 1250 W / 10.8 A
- Power supply: 115 V / 60Hz / 1 Phase
Get cool, clean air anywhere you need it with the Whynter 14,000 Btu ARC-14S Dual Hose Eco-Friendly Portable Air Conditioner. This sleek, black-and-gray portable air conditioner is highly effective at drawing warm air from your space and converting it into cool, fresh air. This powerful unit also features an auto drain function for controlling condensation, four operational modes, and an easy-to-install dual-hose venting system.
5. Frigidaire Energy Star 8,000 BTU 115V Window-Mounted Mini-Compact Air Conditioner w/ Temperature Sensing Remote Control, FFRE0833Q1
You Save: $20.00 (7%)
- Energy Star 8,000 BTU mini air conditioner for window installation has long 6.5 ft. three-prong power cord and uses standard 115V electrical outlet
- Pleated quick-mount window mounting kit included – Minimum window height: 14 inches; Window width dimensions: 23″ minimum / 36″ maximum
- Quickly cools a room up to 350 sq. ft. with dehumidification up to 1.7 pints per hour
- Clean air ionizer removes pollen and impurities from the air providing relief for allergy sufferers while fresh air vent/exhaust control removes odors
- Modes designed to save you energy and money include Auto Cool, Sleep and Energy Saver
Frigidaire’s FFRE0833Q1 Energy Star 8,000 BTU 115V Window-Mounted Mini-Compact Air Conditioner is perfect for cooling a room up to 350 square feet. It quickly cools the room on hot days and quiet operation keeps you cool without keeping you awake. Low power start-up and operation conserves energy and saves you money. Ready-Select electronic controls allow you to set the comfort level to your preference, while a convenient temperature-readout displays the set temperature. Effortless temperature sensing remote control allows you to see, set and maintain room temperature from across the room. The multi-speed fan features three different speeds for more cooling flexibility and the 8-way comfort control design allows you to easily control the direction of the cool air, wherever the unit is mounted. Plus, the clean air ionizer removes pollen and impurities from the air providing relief for allergy sufferers.
6. LG Electronics LW8014ER Energy Star 115-volt Window-Mounted Air Conditioner with Remote Control, 8000 BTU
You Save: $60.99 (20%)
- 2014 Energy Star efficiency (11.3 EER)
- 8,000 BTU air conditioner for window-mounted installation uses standard 115V electrical outlet
- Cools a room up to 340 square feet with dehumidification up to 2.2 pints per hour
- 3 cooling speeds and 3 fan speeds for flexibility
- 4-way air deflection directs cool air where you want it
The LG LW8014ER Energy Star 8,000 BTU 115V window-mounted air conditioner is perfect for cooling a room up to 340 square feet. You will cool a lot and save even more with this unit’s energy saver function, 24-hour on/off timer and a 11.3 Energy Efficiency Ratio. With its stylish full-function remote control, you can even get your cool on from across the room. Plus, LG’s patented Gold Fin anti-corrosion coating provides a protective shield so the unit lasts longer.
You Save: $48.36 (22%)
- Uses significantly less electricity than an Air Conditioner in a room up to 175 sq. ft.
- BEST for hot dry climates, where the air humidity is low
- Non-compressor system cools naturally, efficiently and inexpensively (300 CFM air flow)
- Used with open windows and doors, no permanent installation required
- Detachable 2.6-gallon (21-pint) water tank with low water alarm
The Honeywell CS10XE 21 Pt. Indoor Portable Evaporative Air Cooler offers an energy efficient option for cooling your home or office during hot and dry conditions. Honeywell evaporative air coolers do not require power hungry compressors. The low power consumption (only 100 watts of power on low) translates into significant savings on energy bills compared to using air conditioners. Just unpack, add water, place near open door or window, plug in and use. This unit is ideal for cooling a room up to 175 square feet. Four fan speeds and oscillating louvers evenly distribute cool air through the honeycomb cooling media while the carbon dust filter cleanses the air. The electronic control panel is easy to use and the full-function remote control with onboard storage lets you operate your cooler from across the room. *Note: An Evaporative Air Cooler does not use a compressor or refrigerant gas so it should not be expected to cool to the same degree as a refrigerated air conditioner.
Sale Price: $179.99
You Save: $72.00 (29%)
- Cyclonic cooling technology designed to cover 250 square feet
- 3 cooling speeds & wind modes
- Digital control panel and programmable timer
- Large capacity, removable water tank
The Luma Comfort EC110S is different from a standard air conditioner, and uses the power of evaporation to lower temperatures dramatically. Using only water and electricity, this air cooler provides powerful cooling while adding moisture to dry air. Since there is no compressor, the EC110S can cost up to 80% less to operate than an air conditioner. In dry areas, the EC110S can lower temperatures by up to 20-30 degrees, keeping you cool on the hottest days.
The EC110S uses patented cyclonic cooling technology to keep your living space cool and comfortable. The specially-designed fan head oscillates and projects a targeted beam of air moving at up to 500 CFM, ensuring you feel cooler, faster. With a large, removable water tank, the EC110S can also run for hours without needing attention. Featuring a digital control panel the EC45S is not only a stylish cooling option, but also easy to use. Additional Specs: Power: 110 Watts / 110-120V; Noise: 66 dB; Tank size: 1.76 Gallon
You Save: $120.01 (34%)
- 8,000btu cooling power, self evaporating system, digital temperature display, digital thermostat with remote control
- Lcdi plug, fire resistant pvc plastic housing
- Choice of programmable timer or continuous operation, programmable timer – up to 24 hours (on, off or both)
- Extendable exhaust hose (up to 59″.), built-in water tank or extended water tube for continuous drainage, ul
- 8,000btu cooling power; Self evaporating system; Digital temperature display
- 2 fan speeds; Auto-Restart feature; LCDI plug; Fire resistant PVC plastic housing
- Removes moisture for personal comfort (dehumidifier functions automatically in AC mode); Washable air filters collects dust particles; Casters for easy mobility
- Digital thermostat with remote control; Choice of programmable timer or continuous operation; Programmable timer – up to 24 hours (ON, OFF or both)
- Directional air discharge louvers; Extendable exhaust hose (up to 59″.); Built-in water tank or extended water tube for continuous drainage: UL approval
This unit’s auto restart function stores your settings, so that in case of a power outage, it will restart at previous function when power resumes.
With an impressive EER of 8.9, this unit consumes less energy than others in its class.
Equipped with an auto-drain system that exhausts most condensate, the need to manually drain water from the unit is significantly reduced.
This portable air conditioner uses non ozone-depleting R410A refrigerant and is made with all RoHS compliant components that are free of harmful chemicals.
10. Keystone KSTAW05B Energy Star 5, 000 BTU Window-Mounted Air Conditioner with “Follow Me” LCD Remote Control, 115-volt
You Save: $50.99 (27%)
- 2014 Energy Star 11.2 EER rating
- 5,000 BTU air conditioner for window-mounted installation uses standard 115-volt electrical outlet
- Cools a room up to 150 sq. ft. with dehumidification up to 1.3 pints per hour
- 3 cooling speeds and 3 fan speeds with adjustable 2-way air flow
- Window installation kit included
The Keystone KSTAW05B Energy Star 5,000 BTU 115V Window-Mounted Air Conditioner with “Follow Me” remote control is perfect for cooling a room up to 150 square feet. It has electronic controls with LED display and a temperature sensing LCD remote control allowing you to conveniently see, set and maintain the room temperature from across the room. This 2014 Energy Star unit includes an energy saver mode, programmable 24-hour timer and a sleep mode to save you money while keeping you cool and comfortable.
Copyright 2015 Kelly Downing